Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

I know all that Plan...but seems weird to me. Coats sent opera singers but no DM's. No Cavaliers, No Vanguard, no Coats. That is both DM's and corps. Coats and Cavs do have a show in Wisconsin tonight, but SCV is off. Ah well...just seemed a bit odd

SCV went on last -- last corps on at TOC always misses the finale (for obvious reasons).

Coats and Cavies have long ride+show days tomorrow.

It's all good. I'm sure the next TOC Finale will have the full complement of 6 corps (with PR missing due to the last on thing).

Edited by corpsband

Cadets used narration throughout the whole show like Crown is using only in the ballad, and most people are saying that they like the narration in the show except for in the ballad. I don't see the double standard. If the Cadets narration had actually fit the show and didn't just feel like it was thrown in for the sake of having it, I'm sure people would have liked it too.

I completely disagree. "This I believe" and even the NPR show (in my mind) is very much like CC 2013 in terms of mics and voice. The difference is that CC uses it musically (in some places) amazingly.......but in others it's identical to the way Cadets used except it's done from the sidelines instead on the field with wireless mics.

In the end, can you tell me why it matters to so many on DCP that CC is disassociated with Cadets use of mics.....who the hell cares....it works for them. What's different is not what's on the field.....but what's in the stands.

• Like 1

Aren't ticks errors in technique and approach? And don't staff members teach technique and approach and how to be consistent?

Or just blowing up on the field. I've seen Crown drumlines in the lot and they have inconsistent reps. It could just be the guys not focusing as much as they need too.

• Like 2

My opinion is - you want the associated revenu, you better stay until the end - no excuses.

I agree.....unless it's a loooooooong drive to the next location.

Edited by Plan9

I completely disagree. "This I believe" and even the NPR show (in my mind) is very much like CC 2013 in terms of mics and voice. The difference is that CC uses it musically (in some places) amazingly.......but in others it's identical to the way Cadets used except it's done from the sidelines instead on the field with wireless mics.

In the end, can you tell me why it matters to so many on DCP that CC is disassociated with Cadets use of mics.....who the hell cares....it works for them. What's different is not what's on the field.....but what's in the stands.

Cadets did theirs from the sideline, too. The people on the field were lipsynching. Some of the closeups on the video made that pretty clear.

It's the double standard that makes me laugh!

I'm unbiased when it comes to voice-overs. I wish they'd ALL shut up!

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor
  • Like 2

At the End of the Day is a big square for my taste.

My beef is just that they play it way too fast to appreciate the interesting parts of the song. Feels like they are struggling to keep up (or my ears are, one or the other) and that does make it sound a little off kilter rhythmically. Perhaps it depends on where one's ear hears the down beat of the triplet figure.

Cadets did theirs from the sideline, too. The people on the field were lipsynching. Some of the closeups on the video made that pretty clear.

I'm unbiased when it comes to voice-overs. I wish they'd ALL shut up!

Garry in Vegas

I stand corrected....I think...may need some verification from a Cadet's wonk........thanks Crunch!

Call me crazy, but I believe there is quite a difference between recorded narration/voice-overs and taking the risk associated with a live human behind a mic.

Yep. I wish Crown weren't using any sampled narration. But to be fair the only samples are the droning 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (which in the pre-show are doubled by the corps members), and "Bern, 1905" (which makes zero sense not to use a live member for). The singing during the drum feature and the narration in the ballad are performed live.