Has any corps been busted for this?

Marching "age outs"? How does DCI monitor this? I do not remember when I marched being asked to provide proof of age, maybe I did, but don't recall that.

Marching "age outs"? How does DCI monitor this? I do not remember when I marched being asked to provide proof of age, maybe I did, but don't recall that.

The following corps were investigated for age out members subject to disqualification:

Bridgemen, Crossmen, Hawthorne Muchachos, Purple Lancers, Santa Clara Vanguard (amongst the World Class finalist corps.)

A certified birth certificate is now required plus secondary proofs of ID and age. Process is extensive today.

• Like 1

The following corps were investigated for age out members subject to disqualification:

Bridgemen, Crossmen, Hawthorne Muchachos, Purple Lancers, Santa Clara Vanguard (amongst the World Class finalist corps.)

A certified birth certificate is now required plus secondary proofs of ID and age. Process is extensive today.

Didn't know that...thanks for sharing.

89 Vanguard wasn't it 2 people from Great Britain? If someone could fill in the holes..i can't remember the rest.

Edited by Zeke

89 Vanguard wasn't it 2 people from Great Britain? If someone could fill in the holes..i can't remember the rest.

You are correct. However, SCV administration successfully argued that they were not aware that the presented birth certificates for these two individuals were bogus and that the corps should not be penalized but just the marchers found to be fraudulant. (They were ratted out by a former girlfriend who had been dumped.)

In the matters of the other corps previously mentioned by Drilltech1, the full corps were disqualified as it was determined that the administrative management of these corps were aware to some degree about questionable birth certificates and still allowed these persons to compete in the corps' uniform. The investigation of Hawthorne's patterns lasted three seasons until proof was finally made and the corps disqualified.

Yes. G. Royer, SCV Corps Director, found out the day of Finals about the overage marchers his Corps had in their ranks allegedly unknowingly throughout the '89 season. He informed DCI that his Corps had overage marchers for that entire season. There was no investigation by DCI when it came to their attention right before Finals. DCI accepted the word of Royer alone. That was enough for them to know regarding it. The Corps was then allowed by DCI to compete that nite without their overage marchers, and SCV then proceeded to go on and garner the DCI Title for that '89 season. SCV received no sanctions, nor penalties, nor fines for performing their 89 season with overage marchers. ( this was a classic great show they had that year, by the way,... a fan favorite that year. )

Edited by BRASSO

Yes. G. Royer, SCV Corps Director, found out the day of Finals about the overage marchers his Corps had in their ranks allegedly unknowingly throughout the '89 season. He informed DCI that his Corps had overage marchers for that entire season. There was no investigation by DCI when it came to their attention right before Finals. DCI accepted the word of Royer alone. That was enough for them to know regarding it. The Corps was then allowed by DCI to compete that nite without their overage marchers, and SCV then proceeded to go on and garner the DCI Title for that '89 season. ( this was a classic great show they had that year, by the way,... a fan favorite that year. )

This is the way I remember it evolving as well.