Crown's Percussion

man their staff must really be feeling the heat... yikes...

They should be. Especially going into Texas (ZING) :tongue:

But yeah their percussion has been causing them problems last two nights. Lets wait a week or two though, to get a legit sampling of performances and scores, before pronouncing Crown percussion the iceberg that sinks the titanic

• Like 1

They should be. Especially going into Texas (ZING) tongue.gif

But yeah their percussion has been causing them problems last two nights. Lets wait a week or two though, to get a legit sampling of performances and scores, before pronouncing Crown percussion the iceberg that sinks the titanic

Indeed.

Remember MOST of the posters here are reading numbers from a recap and making up their own interpretations of what's going on. They weren't even at the show. In fact most of them probably haven't even seen the corps live.

You can back up to the west coast swing and make a completely different interpretation of those numbers. So which are "true" ?

And some of the posters enjoy nothing more than "stirring the pot" to try to get people to react. ph34r.gif

And virtually none of the posters are actually out teaching DCI caliber lines -- not even close. ph34r.gifph34r.gif

So take the speculation for what it is -- speculation (otherwise known as wild-a##-guesses) . ph34r.gifph34r.gifw00t.gif

Everyone's free to engage in that on DCP. Just keep it in mind when you read the messages. guinesssmilie.gif

I for one am going to enjoy the fact that Crown racked up another WIN (oops did we forget that?) and keep on honking colgate.gif

• Like 3

Indeed.

Remember MOST of the posters here are reading numbers from a recap and making up their own interpretations of what's going on. They weren't even at the show. In fact most of them probably haven't even seen the corps live.

You can back up to the west coast swing and make a completely different interpretation of those numbers. So which are "true" ?

And some of the posters enjoy nothing more than "stirring the pot" to try to get people to react. ph34r.gif

And virtually none of the posters are actually out teaching DCI caliber lines -- not even close. ph34r.gifph34r.gif

So take the speculation for what it is -- speculation (otherwise known as wild-a##-guesses) . ph34r.gifph34r.gifw00t.gif/>

Everyone's free to engage in that on DCP. Just keep it in mind when you read the messages. guinesssmilie.gif

I for one am going to enjoy the fact that Crown racked up another WIN (oops did we forget that?) and keep on honking colgate.gif

CB....you positively pee cream and poop purple! But that's a good thing. rolleyes.gif/>

BTW......for CC: "Objects in your rear view mirror may be closer than they appear!!!" w00t.gif/>

NOTE: I think we've made our monthly emoticon allocation!

• Like 3

If I recall, percussion was an issue last year and I think they won that caption in Allentown.(?) I certainly don't think Crown needs to panic.

From what I hear, the field was not great. Several falls last night. (Cadets, BD, and another I read).

They have the chops, they just need to clean it, and they will. If Thom Hannum wrote the book then they have the notes/phrasing, etc to accompany the horn line...that poor video quality could be fatigue, could be a change in the book, could be that is a section they haven't really worked on that much. If it's still dirty come August, then I'd be worried...but if it is, they'll make changes to clean it. The risk there is getting dinged on musical content. I think they'll ok.

CB....you positively pee cream and poop purple! But that's a good thing. rolleyes.gif/>

BTW......for CC: "Objects in your rear view mirror may be closer than they appear!!!" w00t.gif/>

NOTE: I think we've made our monthly emoticon allocation!

What else , Plan? When I honk, I HONK :-)

• Like 2