Crown's Percussion

It's not at all surprising if this video is anything to go by. This may honestly be the worst DCI drumline video I've ever heard.

wow. take a key to the bottom head!

and really......are all of those hand motion changes helping??

• Like 1

It's not at all surprising if this video is anything to go by. This may honestly be the worst DCI drumline video I've ever heard.

To be fair, this was June 22. In a short season, that is a loooong time ago.

• Like 2

:blink:

I'm not a drum guy, and even I can hear the dirt.

EDIT: Didn't realize this video was from June 22, but still... They need help.

Edited by cmathis
  • Like 1

People, I think we can all recognize that making opinions on Crown's battery based on that video is a little unfair. One rep from almost a month ago taken out of context does not have any bearing on how they are now.

In terms of their book, I think the battery book is EXTREMELY difficult in ways that lots of people don't understand. The hand speed changes, the rhythmic phrasing, and the space all contribute to how deceivingly hard that book is. Are they achieving it yet? No. But the front ensemble is great again, and if the judges are able to see what I see in the battery book, expect their numbers to jump as they start to execute it better.

• Like 1