Crown's Percussion

Oh no doubt, and I'm not suggesting Crown should, or is, resting on their laurels. The most dangerous place to be is out in front, because you literally have everyone chasing you: it makes groups behind you hungrier, more motivated to improve on the practice field every day. Especially after tonight, where BD opened up the percussion spread, and beat them in Vis Analysis (sure, but .1, but every tenth counts). I still think that Blue Devils might have a better designed program, and when/if they can clean the dirt out of it w/out watering it down, it will be a VERY interesting race down the stretch!

No matter who wins, this seems to be the most exciting season in quite awhile! Could it be possible that if BD cleans up in August and pulls it out Finals week, that fans will revel in their underdog/come-from-behind Rocky-esque win?!?! tongue.giftongue.gif

Greenie for you Sir!

• Like 1

Blue Devils won DCI in 1980 and had a Sh!tty drum line! Which is funny because, That was the drum line that made this brass player appreciate and love marching percussion! BD's percussion was 2.3 behind the top drum line!

Edited by boxingfred

Luckily, they aren't too far behind. You can be a 5th place line at Finals, and only be .5 away from winning. Luckily percussion is divided in half for the final score, so percussion alone could just be a small score blip for Crown. I doubt they're just going to let the drums coast by though. I'm sure they'll be working just as hard if not harder than the rest of the corps. With so many less in the percussion, no one can hide mistakes

Luckily, they aren't too far behind. You can be a 5th place line at Finals, and only be .5 away from winning. Luckily percussion is divided in half for the final score, so percussion alone could just be a small score blip for Crown. I doubt they're just going to let the drums coast by though. I'm sure they'll be working just as hard if not harder than the rest of the corps. With so many less in the percussion, no one can hide mistakes

It's oddly fascinating to me that Crown's low-achieving percussion section doesn't seem to be affecting their Music Ensemble scores too much (I guess one could argue they'd be winning Ensemble by more if Crown's percussion was doing better)

Well Crown was last in Percussion tonight at TOC with a 16.0 score. Now ranked 8th in DCI. Yikes. Hope this was due to a bad night because if this keeps up, Crown may not win this year.

Obviously a problem tonight...

I think their line costs them a title this year- the other lines are SO much better...

Check this out, though:

Even if Blue Devils beat Crown by a FULL POINT in Ensemble AND a FULL POINT in percussion, with current spreads in the rest of the subcaption Crown STILL wins by .35!

It's funny to see the smallish spreads in the rest of the subs, and with a full point spread in TWO captions Crown is still in a more comfortable overall spreads than Phantom in 2008

Crazy!

look at tonight's recap

• Like 1