Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Being in the military, I think Madison's show will make me shed a tear when I see them at finals.

Thank you for your service! As an AF retiree, I must agree with that assessment.

• Like 1

Had to switch from HQ to SQ to get a feed....

Not necessary, just pause and then resume.

I had a little glitch here too on my FiOS fiber connection. Probably a data transport or CDN issue, not DCI's fault.

Edited by jjeffeory

This is redic. Come on DCI.....

Yes... I can't comment on Maadison's show this year as the feed died at the opener, and then it came on after they were done, and I heard piano music from somewhere. I've yet to see Madison this year. Oh well, I will god willing.

Madison's show is growing on me. Still don't love it like everyone else. Pretty sure I'm in the minority considering their baby-throwing crowd reaction. I just don't dig the bro bro call of duty vibe of the whole thing. With that said, this is the cleanest since 2005.

• Like 3

a big portion in the crowd stood up and sang with the corps- they handed out cards with lyrics - I didn't have one!

How does Madison top themselves next year?

• Like 3

Unfortunate FN issues, but seemed like a great show for Madison. Without even seeing the Bluecoats, I'm predicting Madison takes them tonight (assuming the performance order has no effect). I usually don't care much for Madison's shows, but I really do love this one.

I will say though, if there's one thing I've never been able to connect with in drum corps is full corps singing... Madison 2013, Academy 2013, Boston 2002, etc. No idea why, but I guess I'd rather just hear the brass playing as opposed to singing, which in a way is contradictory to the way I feel about recorded vocals/narration.

• Like 1

Well at least I got to see about 3/4 of their show. Love the way the Corp proper gets onto the field with the jogging cadence! From what I saw/heard, they had a great show. There was some visual dirt in the more exposed curvalinear forms in the middle piece, so they have some cleaning to do. But the guard rocked, the brass was rich and well blended and the drums were tight! Way to go Brothers!