Houston, TX

When Boston takes off the grays it is amazing how much larger they look. And because of the change it is a neat GE addition for me. Makes sense with the theme. And it's like a completely different corps on the field. I think any visual GE they might lose from the grays they should gain from the complete color change and the large effect it has on the rest of the show. Love it. And to make use of the gray tops was genius. Only problem is it is hard to pick up what it says at first... at least in pictures and videos. In person it is probably an easier read. The green and gray kinda blend together on camera.

I think this has to do with the shorter red jackets versus the longer grey jackets rather than the color as others have pointed out. Obviously the reveal wouldn't have worked as well if those jackets were short.

'merica!!! Bluecoats show was as I'd read on other threads on DCP--so awesome in person! They are booking across and around that field and they sound amazing doing it! Excellent job hornline and beautiful sound. The drumline and pit were on fire tonight, in my opinion. And there was a bit of swagger out there too. The guard was solid, just one drop that I saw. There were lots of changes in the show and visually it was cleaner and flowed well. Still a bit of cleaning to do. Love the parade block reprise toward the end. I think there were changes in the guard too but I cant pinpoint them. Great job by Blooo!

• Like 1

'merica!!! Bluecoats show was as I'd read on other threads on DCP--so awesome in person! They are booking across and around that field and they sound amazing doing it! Excellent job hornline and beautiful sound. The drumline and pit were on fire tonight, in my opinion. And there was a bit of swagger out there too. The guard was solid, just one drop that I saw. There were lots of changes in the show and visually it was cleaner and flowed well. Still a bit of cleaning to do. Love the parade block reprise toward the end. I think there were changes in the guard too but I cant pinpoint them. Great job by Blooo!

Something I noticed in the video of their rehearsal that I watched today. Thanks for the updates!!

I wonder if there's any easy low-cost way to line the inside of the grey tops in white? That would definitely be more readable if they flipped them inside out with a white liner.

Well they could always set them on fire at finals...I know for sure We'd all see that. :tongue:/>/> I'm joking obviously...as I know pyro-technics is not allowed and the better choice would be to donate them to a group in need at the end of season.

1374290022[/url]' post='3289523']

I wonder if there's any easy low-cost way to line the inside of the grey tops in white? That would definitely be more readable if they flipped them inside out with a white liner.

Spray paint.

I believe it is supposed to resemble ashes ~ they are rising from the ashes to be the Boston Crusaders we know today.

• Like 5

Yes! Thanks so much for being our eyes on the field in Houston! Can't wait to see Bloo and everybody else at home in San Antonio tomorrow!!!

I believe it is supposed to resemble ashes ~ they are rising from the ashes to be the Boston Crusaders we know today.

That makes sense. I like it!

I really do like Boston this year. Accessible show. It was easy to tell the theme even before the uni change. Good music, challenging and entertaining drill. And a corps that has been making solid improvements every for each performance. Not much different than most years.. I just really like the whole show this year. The competition is gonna be tough though!

• Like 1