Houston, TX

Order of performance at the small shows are based on groupings from last years finals...has nothing to do with where the corps is scoring this year. The corps knew this performance order before the season began.

Way too much is made of the "order of performance." Blue Devils went on first at a TOC show a few days ago and managed to score just fine.

I hope you are right. Seems to me that order has definitely impacted placements in the past.

Order of performance at the small shows are based on groupings from last years finals...has nothing to do with where the corps is scoring this year. The corps knew this performance order before the season began.

The regional shows (like Saturday at San Antonio) have an order based on current scoring, but still based on drawing in groups of 3...1,2,3 and 4,5,6 and 7,8,9 etc.

Way too much is made of the "order of performance." Blue Devils went on first at a TOC show a few days ago and managed to score just fine.

Then why are Scouts 8th tomorrow night when they are in 5th place in current rankings? And 6th in weighted???

Edited by Magbo

"Seems like such a loss"? "Guess they actually viewed it as a win"? "See the show regardless of who's in it". Only a little insulting to this show line up I guess!

Could I have worded what I said better? Definitely. Do I take back any of my original thoughts? Not at all. In such a huge band hub as Houston, shouldn't dci try to promote their activity by showing off at least one of the top 3 groups? Yes the performers all work just as hard and deserve respect for that. For that reason I will be sure to be at San Antonio from beginning to end, rather than arriving after the lower corps because I could be watching a top groups rehearsal. However the amount of effort put out, there is no question that the performance quality is higher in the top 3 than the other groups most given years. So why not show off at least one of these groups to show the best of the best to the Houston crowd? I have no problem with having a mixed line up, in fact I prefer it. It's nice to have a few shows that reach out to the crowd even more than the judges (not that some shows can't do both). But I don't see why they weren't able to get any of the top 3 down to Houston for this show. It was a huge turn off from this show for me, and led to me actually deciding to go to San Antonio instead. The sad thing is that many people I know don't have that opportunity and so they won't be seeing any of the top 4 atm this year. Yet 4 hours away in Denton they had all 4 of them yesterday. Again, not saying that I don't love the lower corps or their shows, just meaning to comment on the fact that it is disappointing to miss out on these top groups in such a huge recruitment hub for the activity. My apologies if you saw my comment as too harsh towards the lower groups

Magbo, It's based on the results of the Minnesota show. They may be 5th in terms of scores at local shows, but in head to head competition (like last Saturday) they are 7th, thus they drew for position with the 7,8,9 corps.

Edited by oldbandguy

Magbo, It's based on the results of the Minnesota show. They may be 5th in terms of scores at local shows, but in head to head competition (like last Saturday) they are 7th, thus they drew for position with the 7,8,9 corps.

Oh...thanks for the explanation. Then that makes sense. I truly hope this won't affect their score tonight. This corps has come so far in the past few years. I just hope the judges recognize their progress.

Weather? Is it still raining?

I don't believe so. I live about 20 mins from the show and the rain has stopped here. I'm assuming it should be a little wet but fine for tonight. Good luck to all performing. Go Bloo, phantom, and Academy!!!

I wouldn't worry about the judges. The Scouts have another great show...just sit back an enjoy it...they are THE MADISON SCOUTS after all. worthy.gif

And TEXAS LOVES THE SCOUTS!!!