Houston, TX

I was wondering this too. It seems like such a loss given the huge numbers of band kids in the area. I guess they actually viewed it as a win though. These kids will go see the show regardless of who's in it, so the show coordinators will bring in the money regardless.

"Seems like such a loss"? "Guess they actually viewed it as a win"? "See the show regardless of who's in it". Only a little insulting to this show line up I guess!

It will be considerably harder for Madison to place higher than Coats or PR with when they go on, relative to the others, IMO

You can laugh now. But, it is possible. DCI currently has Scouts ahead of Phantom in the rankings in the fifth spot. Their not the same Madison of recent years. And, that old Star staff has them on their way back to the Scouts of their glory years.

Does anyone understand the order of appearance tonight? Why are Scouts BEFORE all the corps that they are currently ahead of in the standings? I thought the order of appearance was based on current standings at these smaller shows. What is going on???? Someone, please help me understand.

It will be considerably harder for Madison to place higher than Coats or PR with when they go on, relative to the others, IMO

Totally disagree. I think they have a real shot at passing up both...

The fact that Madison goes on earlier is problematic. If they judge the shows by level of performance rather than personal preferences then Madison should be ok. But, slotting is still in play and order of performance is definitely a form of slotting

The fact that Madison goes on earlier is problematic. If they judge the shows by level of performance rather than personal preferences then Madison should be ok. But, slotting is still in play and order of performance is definitely a form of slotting

Why are they going on earlier? Please help me understand this. I agree, this puts them at a huge disadvantage. I thought it was based on current standings at these smaller shows. And they are performing in the middle of the pack.

GO SCOUTS! You can overcome order of appearance. Show them who's boss

Does anyone understand the order of appearance tonight? Why are Scouts BEFORE all the corps that they are currently ahead of in the standings? I thought the order of appearance was based on current standings at these smaller shows. What is going on???? Someone, please help me understand.

Order of performance at the small shows are based on groupings from last years finals...has nothing to do with where the corps is scoring this year. The corps knew this performance order before the season began.

The regional shows (like Saturday at San Antonio) have an order based on current scoring, but still based on drawing in groups of 3...1,2,3 and 4,5,6 and 7,8,9 etc.

Way too much is made of the "order of performance." Blue Devils went on first at a TOC show a few days ago and managed to score just fine.

Edited by oldbandguy

Why are they going on earlier? Please help me understand this. I agree, this puts them at a huge disadvantage. I thought it was based on current standings at these smaller shows. And they are performing in the middle of the pack.

The order of appearance at local, non-regional shows is determined by last year's finals placement, in groups of threes.....so last year's 1st-3rd place corps would be on (in some order) after last year's 4th-6th place corps and THEY would be on after last year's 7th-9th place corps etc etc etc.

These orders of appearance are determined before the current season's first regionals (or standings).

7:30 pm Genesis 7:47 pm Jersey Surf 8:04 pm Pacific Crest 8:21 pm The Academy 8:38 pm Intermission 8:55 pm Madison Scouts 9:12 pm Boston Crusaders 9:29 pm The Cavaliers 9:46 pm Bluecoats 10:03 pm Phantom Regiment