Slotting 2013

I don't know how anyone can look at this season so far and claiming "slotting". If anything, this season has been unusually exciting due to changing placements each week. It really seems to me like the judges so far, at least, are really calling it as they see it each night.

We only ever use the term slotting when we think our favourite Corps should be scoring higher....

Or that scores consistently clump around 4 distinct median ranges season after season after season after season - a statistical impossibility unless an additional variable is introduced. Either 25 staffs are in collusion to manipulate the process, or a mechanism is obfuscating randomness, either intended or unintended.

• Like 3

The truth of the matter is DCI is politically and monetarily controlled now. Simply enjoy your favorite corps show and throw placement and scores out the window!! To try and somewhat bring the competition field to normalcy they must break up this G7 Crap! I see DCI competition placement as sad as it is as being compared to fake wrestling. Entertaining in scores and placements, but not true in the placements when it's all objectively viewed.

• Like 5

I guess I'm just wondering how the Cavies are gaining on Madison again this year. I sure that the G-7 powers to be will do what ever they can to keep the top 7 from last year the same.

I guess you don't follow DCI to closely. If you did, you would know that the Cavies weren't top 7 last year. So I guess you're guilty of slotting as well, retroactively.

Edited by Barneveld

Or that scores consistently clump around 4 distinct median ranges season after season after season after season - a statistical impossibility unless an additional variable is introduced. Either 25 staffs are in collusion to manipulate the process, or a mechanism is obfuscating randomness, either intended or unintended.

Excellent thought.

I'm trying to figure out why I don't disagree with this...

obfuscating

Good word!

I'll drop it randomly into conversation later on today.... making myself sound much more intelligent than I actually am.

Or, far more likely, you don't understand how the judging system works. It's not based on randomly generated numbers. The "additional factor" you're looking for is called criteria-based evaluation.

Maths are hard, yo.

• Like 2