What is your favorite show?

I'd like to also say that only two shows have brought me to tears staring at a computer screen: Troop & Scouts. Incredible emotion.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Crown

SCV

Cadets

Boston

Blue Knights

Troopers

Madison

Phantom

• Like 1

For me it is hands down the Troopers. I almost pity the fans that only attend TOC shows or don't bother to show up at major events until the last 5 or 6 corps go on. They are truly missing out on something special.

Believe me, we know it. Thanks to scheduling and my family's preferences on which corps they *must* see in a summer, I ended up attending only two shows, both TOC shows. One with my wife, and one with my daughter, who both insist on seeing Crown each summer. With Crown on the West Coast early in the year and thanks to travel and camp plans, we didn't get to go to the usual shows and/or Crown wasn't at them... so TOC it was.

But believe me, I wish we could have worked the Troopers in this year, along with a few others. Just didn't work out. :sad:

Believe me, we know it. Thanks to scheduling and my family's preferences on which corps they *must* see in a summer, I ended up attending only two shows, both TOC shows. One with my wife, and one with my daughter, who both insist on seeing Crown each summer. With Crown on the West Coast early in the year and thanks to travel and camp plans, we didn't get to go to the usual shows and/or Crown wasn't at them... so TOC it was.

But believe me, I wish we could have worked the Troopers in this year, along with a few others. Just didn't work out. sad.gif

I had been to at least one show a year since 1977 but had no plans to make any until I saw their show on FN. There was no way I was going to miss seeing this years Troopers live so i went to San Antonio and they were worth the price of admission alone.

This discussion about TOC shows or showing up later and only seeing the last 5 or 6 corps in a non-TOC show is a mute point out here in Oregon where I live. We get ONE show in late June, our own OC not even having a closer on the field yet, and typically BK comes, Cascides of course, and one other top tier corps, this year SCV. Thunder and Columbians are of course part of it now. THat's It! If you live in the midwest or points further east or south consider yourself LUCKY to have choices.

I would LOVE to have to make the choice of a TOC vs non TOC show. Sorry this is a little off topic...

1. BD (most complex and interesting music book, excellent execution as always, visual super fun to watch)

2. Bloo (that trademark Bloo sound we have come to love, wonderfully quirky program, visual program and uniforms a step up this year)

3. Phantom (best overall visual program, absolutely gorgeous integration of brass/perc/guard, wonderful music program)

HM - Cadets (absolutely amazing hornline and another great music program courtesy of Bocook and McNutt)

• Like 1

My Top 5 Shows for 2013

1. SCV (Just a beautifully designed show that is executed well - the old SCV is back! Emotion!!!)

2. Troopers (glad to see the old "How the West was Won" tradition!)

3. Crown (a well executed show - glad I don't have to wear that uniform; I'd have to wear a sock!)

4. Madison (Love the Brotherhood show - MYNWA)

5. SOA (Thank you for entertaining us year after year!)

I'll put down my top 5:

Madison

Troopers

Santa Clara

Spirit of Atlanta

Cadets

SCV

Crown

Madison

Devils

Edited by Super Don-O