Murfreesboro Mayhem

Who is next? INT is BORING.

and the synth is too loud

• Like 2

INT's minimalism is breathtaking.

Yes.... very dark too.

these five minute intermission games are six minutes too long.

Edited by Phan
  • Like 1

Here at the stadium with my 11 year old daughter. The traffic coming into Murfreesboro was horrible an it took 45 minutes to get to the parking lot from the highway.

Coolest thing so far: I was playing some Einstein on the Beach for my daughter to prepare/annoy her before the show and when we arrived and got out of the car we immediately heard Crown's front ensemble playing the exact same part of the music! Surreal but awesome.

The venue is great for drum corps and easy to get to your seats compared to many. The place is pretty packed. Several obvious school groups are here.

Impressions of the corps so far:

Music City was *really* impressive. The brass was outstanding for all but a minute or two of the show. The guard was not as impressive but they were solid and well integrated. Loved the corps uniforms.

Cavies: I like the show but the visual impacts are sloppy. And the brass demand is very low. In particular the mellos were shockingly weak, and with a less demanding book than the rest of the brass. Guard was great though and that last visual hit is killer. And the flag switch just prior was amazing as well.

Crown: big jump in energy for this show. The brass is amazingly clean and has more clarity than I have heard fom any corps in the past few years. I paid more attention to the battery this viewing and it looks #### clean to me. Cadets have more demand I'm sure but this battery book is PERFECTLY matched to the musical program.

Cadets: brass is sounding great, guard is looking awesome. I love the new rifle-ish things that are half white and half gold an the bendy poles are great.. I've stopped paying attention to the boxes. The drill is freakishly clean and I think their brass plays more than any other corps this year. Unfortunately from halfway up on the 40 the synths overpowered the brass a number of times including the beginning and the ending because they are doubling the brass in every quiet part. Oh well.

• Like 2

I just don't get INT, its so out there. Too much depth for me.

Who is next? INT is BORING.

For the record, this INT is one of the best I've seen in the last decade of drum corps. Timing and execution is just dead on. The balance needs work, but I'm sure they'll have it down come finals week.

Woah, did you see that last part? I've gotta rewind and see that again!!

Yes.... very dark too.

the mirrors are placed so well the look almost invisable

I am serious guys. Who is next?