Murfreesboro Mayhem

Actually, i never minded the Lakers.

Then again, I dont have a favorite BBall team that loses to them all the time, so it doesn't matter ;)

• Like 1

I don't like it anymore than you guys do --- ABBBD all the way

This was my 9th year in a row to watch their pre-MTSU rehearsal and I'm just saying this was on par with or superior to their other championship years.

It's just a prediction so take it for what it's worth- my opinion. If you think they won't win (not hope, but predict) say it. We can dig this thread back up after finals and see who got it right :-)

Any corps can perform at the same or higher level than the year before, even if they had won the year before. If the other corps around them competitively are doing the same thing, or have upped their game even farther, than it doesn't lock in a win. It looks like Cadets and Crown have really increased their performances and shows this year, so at this point it isn't anyone's title to lose. It's a three way race, and possibly a four way race if SCV can pour on the fire. Things won't be decided until the second Saturday in August. Not a moment before that

• Like 4

zzzzzz. Two years ago, Cadets and BD tied at Murfees. The next night in Atlanta, BD won 94.80 to 94.10. I clearly remember the "threepeat write-off" that weekend. Cadets had to play catch-up until their last meeting together (and barely won). Momentum helps (BD never came under 0.5 again that year).

Just watched 2 hours of BD ensemble at MTSU...

I'm just gonna say- they already have 2013 in the bag- I'm not at all a BD homer- I don't even love their show. But it's so deep and they are fine tuning the crap out of a great production--

And actually- after I really had a change to watch multiple runs - this is my favorite BD show since 2007.

I love Crown and Cadets and I HOPE they beat BD, but it's not gonna happen. Game over - its a race for second place now

If you honestly think you alone can analyze what it takes 10 judges to do at DCI finals, then you are either a god or.....

• Like 2

I honestly don't know how this ends but 2008 and 2011 clearly point out it truely is a race to the end for the top 3/4. With Cadets closing a 1.5 gap from Minneapolis and finally beating a crown the other night, Cadets are certainly in the race and SCV possibly pulling a Phantom 2008 is not an absurd statement. Overall a very exciting season with several possible outcomes. My money at this point is on Cadets who have morphed the show all season keeping it fresh for MM's and judges alike. That's one mans opinion...

• Like 1

I'll be in Murfreesboro tonight and have an extra ticket. Section SS, row 1.

Edit: extra ticket is gone

Edited by GuardPercDad

Anxious to see the results for this weekend's set of shows. Seems the right time for corps to make their moves -- sort of like the "back stretch."

Allentown sets up the dash to the finish.

I think Cadets have the advantage with their 1st place GE in San Antonio.

If you honestly think you alone can analyze what it takes 10 judges to do at DCI finals, then you are either a god or.....

I don't - it's a joke- i was just very impressed with what i saw in context with what I've seen the past 9 years. I'm a Bluecoats FMM, I have 0% fandom in BD, as I've said i honestly love Cadets show and Crown as well... I'm saying I know what a winning BD show looks like and I'd put money on this being one. I've seen every show on FN 10+ times and most live so i have some idea what they are up against. '

You guys are giving me a lot of "I told you so" material for later- and that's cool with me :-)

Yeah, that is odd that they have the stadium both days and the dorms. That must have cost a pretty penny to do that. I'm sure the kids will like not sleeping on a gym floor for a night. And it prepares them for staying at a hotel Finals week. :tongue:/>

Guess we can really test the performance order theories tomorrow night. Crown and Cadets got a bit screwed order-wise, so can they rise above and win the show?

Aerobeds! No one sleeps on the floor anymore...tales of a bygone era.

• Like 1

It almost seems like two separate contests: before intermission, everyone with a C; after, everyone else.

Your comment is further substantiated by BD renting the stadium for practice today and renting the dorms for sleep tonite. Is that what is meant by buying a contest?:devil:/>/>

I was under the impression the performance order was changed for each of the TOC contests? Was this by picking out of a hat? Or, a specified rotation?

As for the statement in bold, I'm curious, how much of an advantage would you say they would gain by this?