Cadets 2013 - A Requiem for DCI...

Man they're going to destroy DCI. I don't want only 7 corps to survive. I don't think anyone does except for the G7... It's going to ruin the activity. Is there really not one person at the helm who can stop all this?

• Like 1

Sorry if my post sounded dramatic but couldn't the G7 getting their way potentially cause other corps to not be able to get the funds they need to keep going? Which would in turn pretty much ruin the activity would it not? Or am I misunderstanding something?

deleted, was in a bad mood.

To change the tone - the lot may not be that interesting to you, but to some people it is very interesting. What is interesting and entertaining is personal, not something someone else can tell you.

That's why I qualified it. I'm sure it's interesting to some people, but watching corps in the lot doesn't support and show some love for the small corps who are busting their hump just as hard as the top corps everyone flocks to see in the lot. I know I always told family and friends to go watch the show instead of my corps in the lot, they could meet up with me after the show. The kids in Open Class and the lower World Class corps need everyone's support, not just their parents. If people really, really want DCI to survive, start supporting every corps. That shirt you buy or donation to the fuel fund can be a much bigger impact to an Open Class corps than a Top 5 corps.

On another aspect, you don't need a ticket to watch the lots. That also means that the people running the show aren't getting the money they need to keep hosting shows and providing services for people.

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 3

Sorry if my post sounded dramatic but couldn't the G7 getting their way potentially cause other corps to not be able to get the funds they need to keep going? Which would in turn pretty much ruin the activity would it not? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Don't mean to come across rude, but this issue has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum in numerous threads. Rather than divert from the original crazy in the OP, I'd use the search function here to find the previous threads to get you up to speed.

• Like 2

That's why I qualified it. I'm sure it's interesting to some people, but watching corps in the lot doesn't support and show some love for the small corps who are busting their hump just as hard as the top corps everyone flocks to see in the lot. I know I always told family and friends to go watch the show instead of my corps in the lot, they could meet up with me after the show. The kids in Open Class and the lower World Class corps need everyone's support, not just their parents. If people really, really want DCI to survive, start supporting every corps. That shirt you buy or donation to the fuel fund can be a much bigger impact to an Open Class corps than a Top 5 corps.

On another aspect, you don't need a ticket to watch the lots. That also means that the people running the show aren't getting the money they need to keep hosting shows and providing services for people.

youre so right on all accounts...Its easier I guess for many to say they support the little guy , yet another thing to actually do it. If people don't want to see the little guy disapear then support it..that will speak louder than any words could.

As far as the lot , I agree also . I know many staff members that dont like the distraction when they are getting members into the zone so to speak as well as having to watch what they say because people are around...lol :w00t:

To change the tone - the lot may not be that interesting to you, but to some people it is very interesting. What is interesting and entertaining is personal, not something someone else can tell you.

Frachel' please be honest: A hypothetical show consisting of BD, Cadets, Scouts, Spirit, Troopers, Jersey Surf, Mandarins, Genesis, Les Stentors, and Blue Saints. What is the first corps you actually go see 'in the lot'?

youre so right on all accounts...Its easier I guess for many to say they support the little guy , yet another thing to actually do it. If people don't want to see the little guy disapear then support it..that will speak louder than any words could.

As far as the lot , I agree also . I know many staff members that dont like the distraction when they are getting members into the zone so to speak as well as having to watch what they say because people are around...lol :w00t:/>

I've noticed that about staff members as well, that they're busy worrying about what they can and can't say in front of a crowd of people instead of getting everyone zeroed in for the show.

There have been too many small corps that have folded recently for people to just talk and not do anything to support them. I sent a donation Raiders' way to help keep them going, because I liked performing and competing against them, and don't want them to fold. Wish more people could do the same at shows and in the off-season.

• Like 1

Frachel' please be honest: A hypothetical show consisting of BD, Cadets, Scouts, Spirit, Troopers, Jersey Surf, Mandarins, Genesis, Les Stentors, and Blue Saints. What is the first corps you actually go see 'in the lot'?

I personally don't go to the lot, i was just responding to the post saying the general and broad brush "the lot isn't interesting, but the shows are".

That hypothetical show - I probably wouldn't go to at all.

Edited by frachel