Phantom's

I think the most bizarre thing is the arms. If they would shorten the arms and the hands, it wouldn't look so cartoonish.

I think the most bizarre thing is the arms. If they would shorten the arms and the hands, it wouldn't look so cartoonish.

I think the whole point was for it to be cartoonish. It is a storybook after all :tongue:/> .

• Like 3

I think the evil queen is actually a good idea, but she needs to be more a part of the show, the visuals and drill need to react to her presence. And she needs to be able to do more than wave her arms around no higher than elbow level. Also, while I did notice her when she first appeared, I missed where she showed up again and was killed, so that could be better staged. I fear it's too late in the season for massive improvements to be made, however.

• Like 1

Also, while I did notice her when she first appeared, I missed where she showed up again and was killed, so that could be better staged. I fear it's too late in the season for massive improvements to be made, however.

The EQ appears again just as the corps forms the dragon near the end of the show. She is positioned off the field on the 50, behind a small set of stairs. During this, two guard members move off field towards her (I assume this is to prop up the EQ as she meets her demise because the person controlling it is already having a hard time).

The heroine (Zena/Zelda/Betty?) runs up the stairs and does "something" to make the EQ fall down.

tumblr_mqkuefHPZP1qfkdpno1_500.jpg

Am I the only that never even noticed this? And I've seen them live this year.

It's a good idea gone horribly wrong. The concept is cool, but how they've executed it with an unprofessional looking prop is not good. You're PR for cryin out loud, and this is the best you can do? No one else would get away with it. It is a distraction to an otherwise great program.

• Like 3

It's a good idea gone horribly wrong. The concept is cool, but how they've executed it with an unprofessional looking prop is not good. You're PR for cryin out loud, and this is the best you can do? No one else would get away with it. It is a distraction to an otherwise great program.

Honestly i don't even think it's much of a distraction because they don't use the prop very significantly. i wonder if the reason the EQ is so gangly and overblown in features is because they are only planning on continuing to use it at the back of the field and need it to be clearly seen from the stands.

• Like 1

tumblr_mqkuefHPZP1qfkdpno1_500.jpg

Oh my.

Well, generally, I think simple elements tend to work best in corps shows. Too much detail is not always a good thing. Especially since they've done such a wonderful job with the trees, which are totally simple, stylized and manage to be beautiful and creepy at the same time.

Part of what makes the Dementors so disturbing in Harry Potter is you can't see the face. When your imagination has to fill in some missing parts, it will always make it scarier than if you can see everything...