If BD Wins, We Riot!

This is sage advice, IMO. Although I freely poke at Plan9 for fun (kind of like poking a bear through the cage bars), the fact is that BD is only 11 minutes out of my drum corps night. The other two hours are filled with other performances that I can love or not. My entire focus is NOT on BD and so it's not possible, for me, that if BD wins they will "ruin" my experience if I disagree with that outcome.

no offense Garfield, but if weare paying todays prices, we want to be entertained the entire time, not for all but 11 minutes.

I'm a die hard Rush fan, so i'll go see them on tour no matter what. My wife isn't, so she checked the set list out online....saw she liked the stuff being played this tour, and decided to come along. Last tour she didn't. Why? Because " I didn't want to sit through 5 songs I don't like just to get to 1 I do for those prices."

IMO, the BD design team would adjust quickly. If you remember, they approached 2008 with no real understanding of what would result from the audience or the judges. They were just months removed from the love fest at finals 2007 and they began to fashion a new direction. My guess is that if it flopped they would have changed tacks and admitted absurdity.

I think the real debate here is not about popularity.....it's about what drives people to feel the need to say bad things about corps designs....to the point of suggesting they are giving the big #### you to everyone! It's nuts!

You were doing so well with your first paragraph. You were actually talking intellectually, and then you couldn't resist yourself in the second paragraph. I am still holding out hope for you.

• Like 1

Jeff makes a reasonable argument and you go into some weird stuff about perceptions and sappy sentimentalism. Why don't you try actually responding to the point he's making?

hey now, quit picking on Fox news.

:tongue:/>

Are you trying to troll me here old girl? I'm not biting. I answered him, and if he doesn't get what I was saying about perception....he'll tell me....Jeff's like that.

oh stop. I told you I'm married

:tongue:/>

I can't decide if this thread reminds me of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, or Duck Dynasty ?

I don't watch either, so I don't know. I must really be uneducated

:w00t:/>

That's touching and all but YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION.

ANSWER ME

Just teasing there :tongue:/>

AnY way, it's the placements that give validity to these shows and if these shows placed 5th or 6th I imagine they'd be far less popular than they are even now. All the BD folks would be freaking and you'd have none of the faux-art wannabe 12 years olds band-wagoning as a form of parental rebellion, teen angst

look...he was a ranger. He didn't tell you the truth because you can't handle the truth. Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want him defending BD...you need him defending BD!

You were doing so well with your first paragraph. You were actually talking intellectually, and then you couldn't resist yourself in the second paragraph. I am still holding out hope for you.

While you weren't getting ice cream from your father, I wasn't getting re-enforcement from mine........ Officer Krupke, we're down on our knees! :rolleyes:/>

• Like 1

look...he was a ranger. He didn't tell you the truth because you can't handle the truth. Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want him defending BD...you need him defending BD!

Thanks Jeff. If I could, I'd upload a video of the Stooges with Moe (you) calming down Curly (me) by slapping him on the head and Curly running in place,,,,,woop woop woop!

While you weren't getting ice cream from your father, I wasn't getting re-enforcement from mine........ Officer Krupke, we're down on our knees! :rolleyes:/>/>

so you're saying no one wanted you because you had a social disease?

:shutup:/>

:devil:/>

• Like 1

so you're saying no one wanted you because you had a social disease?

shutup.gif/>

devil.gif/>

Krup you! :tongue:/>

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1