If BD Wins, We Riot!

Let me guess: "Honey, just continue to repeat these simple letters: FYWW, FYWW", right Plan?

tongue.gif/>

(Heh, I keed, I keed. I know what you mean and can relate. I've got one of those kids, too).

You would think....but hey, I'm a Ranger....that kind of thinking was issued along with our combat load.

What was actually said was quite the opposite and very sobering to this old guy........excellent! And yeah, I can see kid of garfield saying the same thing. They are wise beyond their years.

Edited by Plan9

What is the importance of the SOURCE when we all know props have been used by many different corps over the years? THAT is the source. Some years, the corps use lots of props. Some years, they don't. Some years, prop usage is not only common but the props are large and plentiful for a single show. Some years, prop usage is more subtle and not so much the focus. Who cares? I just don't understand why it matters what or who the source is. Even though there have been several examples listed (by yourself and others) of props being used by several different corps rather effectively over the years, you seem to be implying that ALL of the corps who are using them this year decided en masse during the off season, "Well, BD won with props last year so we have to use props this year." Please tell me that you don't honestly believe that.

What is the importance? I asked. That's important enough for me, which is who is asking... I want to know why corps are using them "en masse" THIS year. I disagree that some years corps use lots of props... Some years, ONE or TWO corps use a LOTS of props. This year, OVER HALF of the corps are using props. I guess you CAN NOT discern the difference and see a pattern.

....and don't **try** be condescending to me with your last sentence. I'm allowed to believe what I believe based on what I see. How long have you been watching corps to try and take me to task about prop usage? After all, you're claiming that there has been a ton of prop usage in some years, when if you actually check, that is not remotely true. There may be one or two corps that use a prop every so many years, but NEVER have there been so MANY props in one year. rolleyes.gif

If you believe that design teams DON'T think about those types of things when designing their shows, then you really HAVEN'T seen it all. Design teams do to an extent. Maybe you should watch "Brass Roots"?

Edited by jjeffeory

Jeff makes a reasonable argument and you go into some weird stuff about perceptions and sappy sentimentalism. Why don't you try actually responding to the point he's making?

Are you trying to troll me here old girl? I'm not biting. I answered him, and if he doesn't get what I was saying about perception....he'll tell me....Jeff's like that.

Can we still riot anyway if BD doesn't win? You know, maybe shake up things in downtown Indy a little. Maybe some drunk nascar fans will join the party?

Maybe that's a way to get out of the Indy deal? tongue.gif

I can't decide if this thread reminds me of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, or Duck Dynasty ?

Fine. Believe what you want to believe. They're ALL using props this year because BD won last year. Every single one of them. It's the only possible explanation. Enjoy your delusion.

Whatever. Know-it-all... Twist my words. thumbdown.gif I don't speak in absolutes. Influence and causation of EVERY corps is definitely twisting my words... It's pretty sneaky and classless too...

Besides, I never said it was because of LAST year. I seem to remember BD using props for several years in a row now...

So you've not gotten that correct either... huh.gifsad.gif

Welcome to DCP, btw... tongue.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Reaching for my Q-tips...

Well, my ears are pretty good, particularly in drums, and I would disagree today. The changes made in Crown's book in the last two weeks are pretty significant, and the the other corps' achievement scores are easy muddled by the complexity of the book.

Just having more notes per measure is dazzling, for sure, but being dazzled by a complex book can bleed over into better achievement scores based on that book.

The difficulty in Crown's achievement is that it's so exposed and not muddled by "too many notes".

IMO

Edited because, on re-reading, my post made absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

Wait wait wait wait wait. Are you saying (and agreeing with, like, most percussion judges this season AND many other drum corps fans & show attendees) that Crown is not worse than 12th? You mean to tell me...BozzlyB was spouting (gasp) hyperbole. ON RAMD DCP?!?!?!

shocking... :rolleyes:/>/>

Edited by perc2100

You are erroneously projecting motivations and thoughts about an organization and MM's you know nothing about. Say what you know.... and keep your superimposition to yourself.

Where specifically among the things you bolded did she do that? The first things she said were questions, the others were subjective opinions based on her observations and consistent with observations many others have expressed, and which she has a right to express.

Please don't try bully people off the forums just be because they say things you don't like. I am interested in hearing everyone's opinion.