If BD Wins, We Riot!

Thanks Jeff. If I could, I'd upload a video of the Stooges with Moe (you) calming down Curly (me) by slapping him on the head and Curly running in place,,,,,woop woop woop!

well....ok....but I'd rather be Larry. It's the hair and the voice.

( whew. man, first day of the month after a week full of closings......I'm truly approaching goofy today. Next thing you know I'll be quoting Gordon Ramsey, Adam Richman, Howard Stern, Ronald Reagan, Al Haig and Spiro Agnew.)

Krup you! :tongue:/>/>

Sit On it Potsie

:tongue:/>

well....ok....but I'd rather be Larry. It's the hair and the voice.

( whew. man, first day of the month after a week full of closings......I'm truly approaching goofy today. Next thing you know I'll be quoting Gordon Ramsey, Adam Richman, Howard Stern, Ronald Reagan, Al Haig and Spiro Agnew.)

Closings are good. Perhaps closing this rant-a-thon would be good.

Edited by Plan9

I'm wondering if you boys have officially closed this thread with all your little emoticons and references?

I'm wondering if you boys have officially closed this thread with all your little emoticons and references?

well Granny....we're at an impasse. You want answers he won't give, he answers with stuffhe insists you have, and i'm on a caffeine high after a crazy 3 days in the mortgage business.

Bully Granny? What world are you living in? She's more than capable of managing her own debates.

Now, since you asked....questions....opinions....observations.....whatever the hell you call them, imagine them being said about your family. These are meant to beg assumptions and set up the possibility that these folks actually think that way.....why would she do that? She never has answered. It's just mongering and does no one any good, particularly the activity, and that kind of thinking is what caused the OP to starte this thread in the first place... IMO.

My family? Well I guess it would either be true or not. If true it would not be the fault of the observer or anyone who merely asked about it. If false, I would see it as a good opportunity to provide factual information that logically refutes the notion.

In any case, if you have a problem with people asserting things they don't "know" why would you turn around and say you "know" what someone else's motivation is for saying something when you are not in their head?

Closings are good. Perhaps closing this rant-a-thon would be good.

Don't close it yet. I want to wait until next Saturday night, at about midnight CDT, after BD's inevitable victory. Then I will post my "See, I told you so" and "I hate being right all the time" comments. Then I will come back next August, and say the exact same things.

Edited by oldschooldbc

I can't decide if this thread reminds me of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, or Duck Dynasty ?

I went back to check what the point of the thread is, and found this in the OP:

"Edit- This is not written for, nor intended for any personal attacks to occur. It's simply done to peacefully & respectfully hear another point of view."

So, all along, this was never really a riot. More like a peaceful protest.

But I've had fun reading along and watch Plan relive dodging live fire.

I went back to check what the point of the thread is, and found this in the OP:

"Edit- This is not written for, nor intended for any personal attacks to occur. It's simply done to peacefully & respectfully hear another point of view."

So, all along, this was never really a riot. More like a peaceful protest.

But I've had fun reading along and watch Plan relive dodging live fire.

sorry, protesting is reserved for discussions of the Crossmen. please riot

• Like 1

no offense Garfield, but if weare paying todays prices, we want to be entertained the entire time, not for all but 11 minutes.

I'm a die hard Rush fan, so i'll go see them on tour no matter what. My wife isn't, so she checked the set list out online....saw she liked the stuff being played this tour, and decided to come along. Last tour she didn't. Why? Because " I didn't want to sit through 5 songs I don't like just to get to 1 I do for those prices."

Well, IF your scenario were true, I wouldn't disagree. I've turned down many an opportunity to go hear our symphony play a piece I particularly like because the rest of the program was stuff I didn't like.

But, let me appeal to your right brain where your ability with numbers lies. If I like 1 song (corps) out of 5, that's 80% I don't like.

If I don't like one corps out of 12 (referring to ONLY finals!), that's 8%. Meaning, I like 92% of just finals performances. If you include all 20 corps that I don't have "BD Feelings" for, that means BD only represents 5% of my day of enjoyment.

Likely, you'd advise your clients that those numbers are worth taking, eh?

Respect noted and returned.