Erie, Pa.

SCV got a 97 and a 95 in vis proficiency. Guess the stories of them having a lot of visual dirt might be a bit exaggerated.

Also, their percussion was the first to crack 19 this year.

• Like 1

Just got back.

On a first read, from very low, Academy's show is more effective than Troopers'.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Just got back.

On a first read, from very low, Academy's show is more effective than Troopers'.

for me,......I thought Troopers should have been one place higher tonight,.....

SCV was fantastic,...........

LOVE Academy's look,.........and thought they should have placed a spot higher,....

BTW,........I would have liked to have met you tonight,.............I enjoy your perspective,..........

for me,......I thought Troopers should have been one place higher tonight,.....

SCV was fantastic,...........

LOVE Academy's look,.........and thought they should have placed a spot higher,....

BTW,........I would have liked to have met you tonight,.............I enjoy your perspective,..........

I'm an OC mom so I'm glad to see them get a bump tonight. They've had a few disappointments the past few nights. Their visual proficiency scores are where they gained on Academy... everything else was very close.

Oh, too bad. It would have been nice to have met you! I'd been planning to attend for some time, but might not have gone if the weather looked likely to deliver on the promised 80% chance of rain.

Bought my ticket at the gate, asked for the best single seat they had available, and they put me in the third row on the left 48. So I got no read on visuals apart from some individual movement, and was frequently overwhelmed by the pit early. Of the first three World Class shows, Academy was the best in that regard.

SCV's synth volume was so much better than last year. I could almost never hear the faux-bass.

More thoughts on this show tomorrow!

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I was working the ticket window,.........pretty sure I sold you that ticket,......

I'd be very curious as to the attendance. Even during the opening ceremonies the line was at least 3 deep for two blocks. That's a lot of people. I think the cheap seats were even packed. Hard to beat Vet's stadium for this venue.

SCV got a 97 and a 95 in vis proficiency. Guess the stories of them having a lot of visual dirt might be a bit exaggerated.

Oh, they were pretty dirty a few weeks ago, but they have cleaned up since, big time. :thumbup:

Funny/bizarre story: When I saw SCV at DeKalb, there was an SCV alum/parent/superfan a couple rows behind me, and at every visual set, she would mutter something about, "c'mon clean those intervals!" or "ugh, those intervals!". Then when I saw them at Murfreesboro, another SCV superfan was again, sitting a few rows behind me, and every time they would form a set, she'd yell "yeah! Those intervals!" So, either it was the same woman, pleased with their progress, or SCV fans are obsessed with commenting on spacing... :tongue:

Edited by skywhopper

Great show last night! Drove up from Cleveland, found someone with extra tickets outside and wound up on the 50 (ok, the 48)! :thumbup:/>/>

Hope to write up a short review later today, but I'll offer a couple of pics for now...

Troopers sunburst:

IMG_0134_zps79a868f0.jpg

SCV opening set:

IMG_0136_zpsde78bb40.jpg

Hah. I can see the top of my head in both of those pictures.

Edited by N.E. Brigand