Allentown 2013

No barricade at the end of SCV. I am not familiar with the show all that much, just utube viewing, so not sure what the change is. New flags maybe?

Everyone around me is confused and were not too impressed with Phantom. Such a shame. Now I realize I must be in the BC section with my phantom shirt on

Bluecoats next. #dci

On the field... The @Bluecoats #dci pic.twitter.com/xlXa8xEcuL

Bluecoats play with some power. #dci

This is one tight music ensemble. Better than phantom by quite a bit. #dci

That said, PR is way better than BC visually, especially in guard. #dci

Awesome Bari solo. #dci

All those @Bluecoats tenor features just blew my mind! #DCI

America = balloons and quilts? #bluecoats #dci #easternclassic

This is a very cool program. Americana without being cheesey. #dci

Edited by POSITIVenrgy

My remembrances of Allentown is that is a smallish city that fell on hard times and now is a little sketchy? Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks dolls!

Yes, Allentown (pop. 118,000) is somewhat small, but the Lehigh Valley Region is rather large (about 750,000). Allentown does have lots of poverty and a high crime rate. Eighty percent of the school population receives subsidized lunches. Allentown also has multimillion dollar homes. So, I suppose it depends where and how you spend your time.

A few more Phantom tweets...

Is that the voodoo doll that should have been in Blue Stars show? Some achievement issues in high brass features. #dci

Guard costume change is great. #dci

Everybody loves a good nimrod @PhantomRegiment #judgmentzone #dci

Beat me to it. I was going to start a thread about Corps cooperation with props for this year.

• Phantom loans the Evil Queen to the Blue Stars.
  • Spirit loans their piano to the Academy for "PianoMan".
  • There's a set in the Bluecoats show where it looks like the guard is in the park sitting on "blankets" watching the band. It cries out for Crown's park bench.

Any more?

Yes, Allentown (pop. 118,000) is somewhat small, but the Lehigh Valley Region is rather large (about 750,000). Allentown does have lots of poverty and a high crime rate. Eighty percent of the school population receives subsidized lunches. Allentown also has multimillion dollar homes. So, I suppose it depends where and how you spend your time.

thanks, interesting! I like to know a little more about the corps show cities!