kingston-racine-inverness-schuylerville

Someone with more knowledge of this hopefully can come on here and clarify this... but I think the DCA corps are judged on the same scale, regardless of class.

The corps are grouped together by class when the scores are announced.

I could be mistaken here. Wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last. :tongue:

I know in DCI, it's a different story. There is a different scale for Open Class and World Class. So that's why a corps like Blue Devils B can score, say, a 95 or so in Open Class finals. But that same corps would most likely be in the 70s or so on World Class sheets.

Edited by Fran Haring

Though I haven't seen them, I would never go as far as saying Empire isn't real. They didn't get an 86&change by phoning the show in. thumbup.gif

just my frustration being a homer. i'm settled down now. it is what it is.

• Like 1

this is the reason for separation of scores by class at regular season shows this year,...........the scales should not be related from class to class,....

comparing scores from class to class and show to show is an inexact science...

However, they are judged on the same sheets with the same criteria... but there are other dynamic factors that enter into the picture... as they now RANK within the class...

The judges duties are to Rank (get them in the right order within their class) first, Rate (get the spreads as right as possible within class) and then evaluate (justify your rank and rating and give assistance to improve the corps/program in the future)

Since the first priority RANK is now within class, comparison of scores between classes is inexact...

Show dynamics also enter into the picture... and a comparison of recaps from last week to this week would seem to indicate that one or more judges were a tad high last week and let it go as the rank and rate WITHIN the Class was ok... this apparently got corrected last night..

This should take NOTHING away from White Sabers as they are having a wonderful season and obviously are a Class A contender.

• Like 2

However, they are judged on the same sheets with the same criteria... but there are other dynamic factors that enter into the picture... as they now RANK within the class...

The judges duties are to Rank (get them in the right order within their class) first, Rate (get the spreads as right as possible within class) and then evaluate (justify your rank and rating and give assistance to improve the corps/program in the future)

Since the first priority RANK is now within class, comparison of scores between classes is inexact...

Show dynamics also enter into the picture... and a comparison of recaps from last week to this week would seem to indicate that one or more judges were a tad high last week and let it go as the rank and rate WITHIN the Class was ok... this apparently got corrected last night..

This should take NOTHING away from White Sabers as they are having a wonderful season and obviously are a Class A contender.

Thanks, Tom!!!

• Like 1

every body said their last score was real. and now we find out it wasn't. it deflated me. so now i have to agree with your points completely.

• Like 2

every body said their last score was real. and now we find out it wasn't. it deflated me. so now i have to agree with your points completely.

Don, they are still very much in the hunt for the Class A title.

Thanks Tom,............am I correct in understanding this is new for this year?

A lot of talented young staff and members at WS,............I see a strong finish coming from them!!

A lot of talented young staff and members at WS,............I see a strong finish coming from them!!

the only thing new this year is competing "within class" at all shows... which is a "small" but critical change...

the only thing new this year is competing "within class" at all shows... which is a "small" but critical change...