Allentown FN Video on Demand

Where is the Atlanta video? Fan Network is too expensive to have to put up with this. For most corps I have to go back to San Antonio with no multi-cam to watch... that's just unacceptable.

DCI utilized carrier pigeons to transport the Atlanta Regional show Corps videos from Atlanta to Indy. Unfortunately, enroute from Atlanta to Indy, the lead Pigeon overshot Indy and the entire flock of birds and videos went down in the wilds of Manitoba, Canada.

DCI utilized carrier pigeons to transport the Atlanta Regional show Corps videos from Atlanta to Indy. Unfortunately, enroute from Atlanta to Indy, the lead Pigeon overshot Indy and the entire flock of birds and videos went down in the wilds of Manitoba, Canada.

Roadtrip!

• Like 1

Where is the Atlanta video? Fan Network is too expensive to have to put up with this. For most corps I have to go back to San Antonio with no multi-cam to watch... that's just unacceptable.

I totally agree!

This is definitely ridiculous. So the audio was off a little. Lets remove them completely? Can't they leave the bad versions on until they fix and re-edit the new ones???

• Like 1

:doh:/> #firstworlddrumcorpsproblems

Jeez folks, I don't know how many people you think work on the Fan Network, but I'm guessing that it's a very small team who provides us with a LOT of content for a VERY reasonable cost. It's $70 for a YEAR--less than $6 per month. I know it's not quite chump change, but I've had far less problems with FN compared to my cable/internet company for which I pay WAY more. If you and a friend attended just one show and got 50-yard line seats, you would've paid the same amount right there. Video encoding/rendering and uploading is easy to do but takes a LOT of time, especially for these regionals where there are all 22 world class corps. While you wait for Allentown and Atlanta, you can watch any of the previous shows posted, or go back and watch classic performances from the archives.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 2

That's the best explanation I've heard...... Does the pigeon supply company have a complaint department?

:doh:/>/> #firstworlddrumcorpsproblems

Jeez folks, I don't know how many people you think work on the Fan Network, but I'm guessing that it's a very small team who provides us with a LOT of content for a VERY reasonable cost. It's $70 for a YEAR--less than $6 per month. I know it's not quite chump change, but I've had far less problems with FN compared to my cable/internet company for which I pay WAY more. If you and a friend attended just one show and got 50-yard line seats, you would've paid the same amount right there. Video encoding/rendering and uploading is easy to do but takes a LOT of time, especially for these regionals where there are all 22 world class corps. While you wait for Allentown and Atlanta, you can watch any of the previous shows posted, or go back and watch classic performances from the archives.

You must have the worst cable company on the face of the planet, if it goes out during every live performance like the Fan Network does.

I pay for Fan Network to follow the season, including the corps that don't get an invite to the TOC shows. Period. They're doing a mediocre job at best of letting me do that.

:doh:/>/>/> #firstworlddrumcorpsproblems

Like others have stated, I haven't had a cable outage in years... The FN goes down every live broadcast. And, when you want to restart it, it may take 5 minutes before you can log back in. That's a big deal , considering the corps only preforms for 12 minutes.

The FN says that they aim to put up videos 48 hours after the show ends. That's a lot of time, in my opinion. This is coming from someone who edits video, specifically for the internet. Especially for single cam footage. They are already well past their deadline. It's the 5th and the VODs from the 2nd still aren't posted. Heck, people are posting high def videos (1080p!) of the performances the night OF the performance for free.

What's the point of offering VODs of Allentown if we get them after Semi-Finals? That is like watching a football playoff game after the superbowl.

The bottom line is, they offer a product and charge us a price. If they don't follow their end of the deal, it's their mistake. We have every right to complain.

And, the idea that it is 6$ a month is a farse. The FN offers VODs/Live footage for less than 3 months.

Edited by g0at