so - are Cadets and SCV REALLY in it?

this is how I see it:

BD has a slight lead, due to balahce across all captions, with Crown about a half pointd down mostly due to drums // can SCV or Cadets move into second or challenge for first??

The dynamic seems to shift quite a bit between shows with one or two of them together, compared with the TOC or regionals with all four, so I have no idea what to expect. I would not be at all surprised to see SCV go up. They are riding the enthusiasm wave.

I'm wondering if Crown is going to have any dome issues, as with the indoor shows in the past I recall several people saying they have been "flat," etc. Could the rhythms in their show be especially challenging with some echo added in?

The dynamic seems to shift quite a bit between shows with one or two of them together, compared with the TOC or regionals with all four, so I have no idea what to expect. I would not be at all surprised to see SCV go up. They are riding the enthusiasm wave.

I'm wondering if Crown is going to have any dome issues, as with the indoor shows in the past I recall several people saying they have been "flat," etc. Could the rhythms in their show be especially challenging with some echo added in?

It sounded that way during the Buffalo show!

:tongue:/>

Normally I would say SCV/Cadets don't have a chance, but this year feels different for some reason.

I feel both of them would have to have the planets, stars moon, and Sun align.

In other words right panel, amazing performance, and audience engagement. ..

We will know a lot more tomorrow night

All top 4 are execellent in their own right. I think SCV has by far the least demand but their may have the highest emotional component.

Crown is exceptional and it will depend on percussion and guard. (I think they need to win guard as a buffer against their percussion gap).

BD is performing very well but can be overtaken in GE by Crown and even Cadets.

Cadets have the demand and content scores and will depend on their performance levels. Last night they performed extremely well and the score popped. We'll see...

All top 4 are execellent in their own right. I think SCV has by far the least demand but their may have the highest emotional component.

Crown is exceptional and it will depend on percussion and guard. (I think they need to win guard as a buffer against their percussion gap).

BD is performing very well but can be overtaken in GE by Crown and even Cadets.

Cadets have the demand and content scores and will depend on their performance levels. Last night they performed extremely well and the score popped. We'll see...

And with the competition so close, the judging panels are paramount. (Tochia, Oliverio big BD hacks).

Edited by newjerseycorpguy

Oh how I would LOVE to see SCV win! but... its not in the cards. I just dont think they have enough left in that show to go above what Crown and BD are doing.

But really... I would jump up and down like a little school girl if they pulled it off. :thumbup:

Its possible for Cadets to win but I dont see it either. They could make a move for silver but I think gold is out of the question.

To get in it, Cadets/SCV need to win some captions.

Percussion: Cadets or SCV are very strong & could easily finish #1/#2

Guard: SCV has hovered in 3rd place all season. It's unlikely, but not impossible, that they could win it.

Music Analysis/GE Music: Cadets have an excellent music book, maybe the strongest on the field. I could see them on top in either of these.

But beyond that...?

That doesn't look like enough to come out with a gold in any scenario.

Edited by ShortAndFast