Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

If he was out there he was deaf and blind because that drumline (who got 7th last night) is not all of a sudden .2 behind SCV! And all of a sudden their brass is .5 above everyone? Come on! If I was in critique tonight and I was in Cadets, BD, or SCV I would be throwing punches.

And you could tell that from an internet stream? You must be an utter genius.

Can't we all just get along?!

but honestly...

It's not really about us (unless current members are reading this thread right now and in that case, go to bed you have finals tomorrow!) but it's about the members. Crown winning doesn't earn Crown fans a ring and a medal and I don't think any random fans have ever received either of these things from any of BD's numerous wins in the past.

While I agree it can be frustrating watching the scores and not really agreeing with them, for one reason or another, I can't do anything about it besides watch each corps perform the hell out of each of their shows that they've been perfecting for the past 3 and respond with how I personally feel I should respond to each show.

• Like 1

Wow. Didnt know that. Thanks for the info. Can you imagine if there is a tie? These threads have been fairly divisive. A tie? Whew...

I don't know, I can see that being the least divisive result, but maybe I'm naïve.

What would have been bad would have been a tie 'broken' by some arbitrary tie-breaker rule no one would respect. Thank God they abolished that idea.

Just can't stop laughing at BD nation going into full panic mode right now. This is EPIC! Oh my God, so much fun. Effing homers are killing me.

I'm not sure ApathyJones qualifies as a whole nation. I've seen many BD fans compliment Crown tonight.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

Wow. Didnt know that. Thanks for the info. Can you imagine if there is a tie? These threads have been fairly divisive. A tie? Whew...

Wow. I must be behind the times. Didn't even know there was a tie breaker rule. Glad they changed it back. Two winners is never a bad thing in my eyes.

. Enjoy your Crown win, but you KNOW that they don't deserve it.

I DO feel bad for the BD MM's. Its over. Crown will be declared DCI Champion Saturday nite. Since DCI went to the 2 Prelims format in 1984 ( 29 years ago ), no Corps that has won the Semi's by over half a point has ever failed to win the Title outright the following nite. I do think that that the lacklustre audience reaction from coast to coast ultimately did catch up to the BD's members here at the end of the season. Crown was invigorated at Championships by the crowds in Indy and it showed tonite. BD came out flat in the all important Semi's compared to Crown tonite, and that was all she wrote.

Edited by BRASSO

Interestingly enough, two Regiment alums will be a big deciding factor in the results of finals. Jeff Prosperie is judging drums and Albert Lo is judging horns. Both great, honest guys. May the best corps win!

On 8/9/2013 at 11:00 PM, CrownStarr said:

Do you really think that DCI has the capacity to pull off a scheme like that in utter secrecy, and that the judges would all do it willingly? This is a bit of a stealth insult to DCI, but I don't think it'd be remotely possible for them to accomplish that, even if they wanted to.

Edited by DCP-er
  • Like 1

Can't believe I forgot that!

Almost every corps in the top 12 is close enough to 1 other corps that a different judging panel and a better/worse run from today could make the whole top 12 look completely different. So good! I'm so happy! =D

Except for SCV ... they seem stuck in 4th.