Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I believe the spread in brass. Crown's hornline is arguably the most talented seen in DCI history.

The percussion scores though...that's worth an eyebrow raise.

I watched both nights. Theater on Thursday, Network tonight. Crowns Brass Line is for the ages. I have never heard anything like what they bring to the Field. Ever. Percussion? I'm a brass guy but I do know what to listen for in Percussion. It's all in the execution for the battery and Crown was MUCH better tonight than last night. I could hear it. Just a overall better show than last night IMHO.

• Like 2

I posted in another thread that tomorrow night is a BD leaning panel, but the spreads put on tonight make sure that it would take a dramatic reverse to make any change in placement tomorrow night. Plus with Crown going last, that assures BD will not be maxing out any captions to leave room for the final group. Every judge, except Orefice fell in line as i predicted. Fugett mostly stayed out on the sidelines tonight, but Prosperie will definitely be in the action tomorrow night. The .65 gap will close tomorrow night, but Crown is well on its way to what I think will be a well earned and fought championship.

• Like 2

Sorry, these results strain credulity. They are simply unbelievable. And I don't mean that in a good way.

How did Crown jump three places in percussion - against the same corps - in one night? Even if they had a completely clean run - and they didn't - then how is this even possible? It isn't. I actually posted this meme this afternoon:

3vgat5.jpg

Well, Fugett might as well have given them a 20 - he gave them a 19.2! Same result!

If I were David Gibbs, I would be positively furious. It was the percussion caption that cost them the title in 2008, and the same thing is happening all over again.

Sorry, I am not going to stand here, look at a pile of dog droppings, and call it chocolate pudding.

• Like 1

1z3xwuq.png

Direct comparison is kinda interesting. -Note- The top score is Semis for Crown and Prelims for BD.

From a quick glance it looks like tonight the judges felt like BD was scored too high last night, but Crown's scores are the same or slightly better...

Edited by Pat61

I'm assuming you watched both shows right now because it's the only way I can give you any amount of credit for anything at all.

Of course I watched both shows. I have seen every streamed show this year and a couple live ones, just like every year. I actually like Crown's show except for the poetry crap that ruins what should be an amazing ballad (the ballad is my favorite part of the show sans the poetry stuff) I just hate seeing the "favorite" corps beat out the "best" corps. It happened in 2008 and it is happening again and I called it happening a week ago in other threads (and I believe tonight that the VERY suspicious recap proves something fishy is going on). I think clean should beat emotional but dirty.

• Like 1

Just can't stop laughing at BD nation going into full panic mode right now. This is EPIC! Oh my God, so much fun. Effing homers are killing me.

It is a nice change of pace isn't it? And the conspiracy theories are the best. DCI is barely even capable of agreeing on the most basic rules and procedures, and yet some would accuse them of a massive, unified effort to place one corps over the other. Oh, and who runs DCI? Who are the judges ultimately answerable to? the CORPS THEMSELVES!! I'm sure they are all out to get BD. Its bloody hilarious.

• Like 4

Double post....DCP being slow ;)

Edited by euponitone

This might be the most exciting and evenly-matched top-2 battle I've ever seen in DCI. Which is great beyond words for the activity.

Mike

I agree. I honestly haven't see enough (yet) of any of the corps to definitively think/say one corps is better than the other, but a tightly contested Championship, with tightly contested 3rd, plus excitement in other placements is great!! To be honest, it's kind of reinvigorating my excitement in the activity this season!

• Like 1