How old are you?

I turn 37 in two weeks.

I'm 50.

Some days I think the average age on here is 12.

Ditto. Ditto. 28 in drum corp years. The first live show I saw was 1985's SCV magic pants

I'm 27, I've been marching in DCA for 10 years now. Never got a chance to do DCI, but would have aged out in 07. (I did march my age-out season in WGI in 09)

Age = 52

First live show = '78

"Rook-out" year and finalist = '82

and a green newbie to this board.

I'm pretty much a Dino... but I continue to purchase tickets and attend shows when I can. I also try and introduce new people to the activity when ever possible. It's not 'my' sport any more and I may not agree with the changes that have taken place in the past 30 years... but once Drum Corps, always Drum Corps. There is a common bond between anyone who has ever taken the field in competition or exhibition, regardless of era, regardless of age. I will always respect the ones that came before me... I will do my best to represent well the ones that I competed with... and will always cheer loudly the ones that follow.

• Like 2

Age = 52

First live show = '78

"Rook-out" year and finalist = '82

and a green newbie to this board.

I'm pretty much a Dino... but I continue to purchase tickets and attend shows when I can. I also try and introduce new people to the activity when ever possible. It's not 'my' sport any more and I may not agree with the changes that have taken place in the past 30 years... but once Drum Corps, always Drum Corps. There is a common bond between anyone who has ever taken the field in competition or exhibition, regardless of era, regardless of age. I will always respect the ones that came before me... I will do my best to represent well the ones that I competed with... and will always cheer loudly the ones that follow.

Well said, and welcome!!!