How old are you?

56 in a few days *gag*.... Discovered corps, joined and saw my first show (in that order) when 16... LOL was with a "Senior" corps at age 16... :cool:

Competed while in my teens and early 20s. Did parades and standstills in my 40s and 50s.

Now gotta figure something out for the future as "Real Life" made me quit playing. :huh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I am 48. Didn't miss a DCI from 72-92 ( performed in 82,83). I went for the first time in 21 years this past weekend down in Indy and was "born again". The magic of a finals performance never gets old. Those kids give it everything they have and it is truly incredible. We can be critical of shows on the DCP but one thing we should never be critical of is the massive effort that each one of these corps members gives throughout the summer. I am truly inspired by what I saw and will go back again.

• Like 1

I think there is too much emphasis placed on kids. It always sounds good... but its a given and I only half of the equation. I marched and worked hard. Not a big deal and every time I heard someone say how I hard u worked it did not make me feel special because I took in perspective that the source was usually some old or obese person. U was up for the challenge and so no biggie. I think the kids want their product to be liked. Unfortunately they have little control over what they are playing and marching. So the issue is with the design and judges. The audience I spoke to in Allentown and the courtesy standing ovations were obvious. It was a boring show except for scv and crown. I watch people. My bitter pill is kicking in.. u take another in 4 hours.

I'd like to get some perspective of the demographic posting on DCP. I'm 47.

I'm 43.

Here is the demographic info for DCP...

5r2a08uwkvr8d9q6g.jpg

Here is the demographic info for DCI...

5knn3dydenq84eu6g.jpg

Rook-out: 1996

DCA: 04-07

First show I saw was VFW championships in 1971. Since then, taught, judged and sent many students into various corps. Right now, still teaching and enjoying marching band. Going to teach new drill tomorrow. A couple of ex-students, but who marched this year, are heading home today, to help teach the drill.

I am 28 years old, and 10 years old in Drum Corps Years.

HOWEVER my Daughter is almost 7, and she is 7 in Drum Corps Years :devil:

My son is about 2 months old. and is 2 months old in drum corps years :music: As long as the Fan network counts.

Kids ended my Drum Corps experience early, and I would never change that :thumbup:

• Like 1