Phantom's Percussions future....

Winds of Change  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will Phantom make changes at the top?

Matt leaving shouldn't be a surprise. Depending on who the replacement is, a "rookies to Regiment" line wouldn't necessarily be bad (if bringing prior corps experience). Personally, I think another year would have been a good idea, but (as usual) my ideas don't matter. Besides, the kids may return. Good luck to Shane and Matt.

Shame it didn't work out for Shane. At first, looking from the outside, it seemed like a good fit.

I wonder what kind of carrot could bring Jim Casella back into the game? His stuff is absolutely made for Phantom - by far the most "musical" drum writing I've ever heard / seen in DCI.

Mike

Absolutely! See if you can get the old team back together from early 2000s Vanguard. Jim would be the best choice I can think of.

My second thought is that Brian Mason isn't doing much writing nowadays either. His 2001 line was pretty good and, if memory serves, was pretty close in score to a really good SCV line and an even better BD line.

• Like 1

Absolutely! See if you can get the old team back together from early 2000s Vanguard. Jim would be the best choice I can think of.

My second thought is that Brian Mason isn't doing much writing nowadays either. His 2001 line was pretty good and, if memory serves, was pretty close in score to a really good SCV line and an even better BD line.

Didn't Brian Mason work for SCV for a time in the mid to late 2000s?

Didn't Brian Mason work for SCV for a time in the mid to late 2000s?

I know he arranged the front ensemble during Mike Jackon's tenure there in 2006 and 2007. I believe he also did the entire book in 2008 and 2009.

Edited by doylejd
  • Like 1

I hear a decision has already been made.

I recall a comment suggesting that PR's 2013 (snare?) line was all rookies. Does anyone know whether that meant they were all new to drum corps or to Phantom? And did any of these age-out?

Also, is Bret Kuhn a replacement possibility for SG?