A lot of Love to the Bluecoats

A little shout out to the Bluecoats--Way to go this season. A great end for a great show!! They don't always get a lot of comments here, but there are tons of fans who love them for what they do year after year--great sound, great drums, great ideas. Keep it going

Was there all three nights and have to say it was one of the most exciting finals in a while--the crowd tonight was so into it. Haven't seen that much emotion since Phantom won with Spartacus in Bloomington. Way to go Crown and all the corps. I thought it was a great season with such a variety of approaches to drum corps.

• Like 9

Bluecoat's show was great this year. So many cool grooves throughout it! The difference from the beginning to the end of the season was really noticeable.

Another great year for the Coats! Another year of scoring above 90...I believe that's 11 in a row along with BD and Cadets. Drums finish 4th. That with only 4 vets back from last year. Quality drum staff and maybe the best writer in the activity!!! Thank you Coats for an incredible show.

Saw Bluecoats live at three of their New England performances in late June/ early July and then caught up with them in Allentown and Indy. I loved that you could see the same show but have a different feeling each time you saw it. That only comes with hard work and a commitment to what is being presented. For the past few years Bluecoats have been the "underrated" corps, and preseason there were low expectations because we heard such little chatt from then (look at some posts from last Spring), but once again Bluecoats did what they do be stand gave us a spectacular show.

Also, while I did not count, it did not look like a huge number of age outs, so what does that mean for next year?

I love the bluecoats! I'm glad someone is showing them love. I don't really see much about them but when I do, its always something positive. Im really excited to go to the audition camp this year! Keep up the amazing work bloo!!!

Another great year for the Coats! Another year of scoring above 90...I believe that's 11 in a row along with BD and Cadets. Drums finish 4th. That with only 4 vets back from last year. Quality drum staff and maybe the best writer in the activity!!! Thank you Coats for an incredible show.

Are you talking Doug or Tom? Either way, I won't argue. Both do an incredible job of arranging! :thumbup:

Side note: is Tom Tom Rarick the only percussion arranger in a Top 12 corps who does both battery and front ensemble?

Are you talking Doug or Tom? Either way, I won't argue. Both do an incredible job of arranging! :thumbup:/>

Side note: is Tom Tom Rarick the only percussion arranger in a Top 12 corps who does both battery and front ensemble?

In this post I was referring to Rarick because of the great job the percussion did this year despite having so many new members.

BUT...no doubt Doug Thrower is also among the elite in the activity.