Would a Christian drum corps be accepted?

To do shows that share the gospel and spiritual matters of life.....forgiveness, loving your brother, etc; Not force feed but just do what they do? I think churches would financially back it and Christian horn players would like to be part of that. What do you think?

• Like 4

Holy Waffles!

• Like 1

To do shows that share the gospel and spiritual matters of life.....forgiveness, loving your brother, etc; Not force feed but just do what they do? I think churches would financially back it and Christian horn players would like to be part of that. What do you think?

Been with us for a long time,...........ever hear of St' Andrew's Bridgemen?,.........or Holy Name Cadets?.............how about Blessed Sacrament?

Is there enough material of music suited to DCI? It's funny you brought this up, many times at church I listen to see if that song could be a turned into something played on the field.

• Like 1

the days of church backing for drum corps are long gone I'm afraid, most don't even have cyo or other programs that were popular in the 50s and 60s..............but hey maybe a mega church, theres a few of those

There have been several shows historically that have touched on this...Pioneer (even this year)...and I think a couple years ago when their show was based on their corps prayer. Then the Cadets Christmas show touched on it..Madison did some Sandi Patti years back (plus Jesus Christ Superstar)...Even Crown did a piece by GLAD in the past, I believe..

But a corps with the goal of sharing the gospel in their shows every year...they would have to be really creative to become "popular"...the fans don't always agree on everything. If you check the video the year Cadets recited the Pledge of Allegiance and the camera was on the fans...you could see the difference in opinions...many people cheered during "under God" and many others sat on their hands almost scowling..

While I would like to see a corps do this...I don't know if it wquld work...at least not every year. Now if a top 6 corps took on a Christan theme for a summer...that I think could work...