Would a Christian drum corps be accepted?

I'm not sure it would have to be a Christian corps to do a show about forgiveness, loving your brother, etc.... I don't think Christians necessarily have a monopoly on good morals.

^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

1376329844[/url]' post='3310439']

the days of church backing for drum corps are long gone I'm afraid, most don't even have cyo or other programs that were popular in the 50s and 60s..............but hey maybe a mega church, theres a few of those

Interesting topic. Mega churches are dealing with millions of dollars, some upwards $20m, here in my area we have a few with budgets over $12m, and they already have non-profit classification from the IRS. I think it could work...it would be an extended mission trip sort of.

Edited by JKT90

Interesting topic. Mega churches are dealing with millions of dollars, some upwards $20m, here in my area we have a few with budgets over $12m, and they already have non-profit classification from the IRS. I think it could work...it would be an extended mission trip sort of.

it would have to be a mega church to do it PLUS will a church or any other non profit support kids NOT from their community..which means most corps if not all

I'm not sure it would have to be a Christian corps to do a show about forgiveness, loving your brother, etc.... I don't think Christians necessarily have a monopoly on good morals.

AMEN!

I'm thinking along the lines of a major theatrical production since the shows are so visual. I was wondering if the Christian churches across America would support this ministry if its clear cut purpose was to share the gospel in music. Good name I thought of was Trinity.

I'm pretty sure the Renegades would be more entertaining. :devil:

• Like 3

To do shows that share the gospel and spiritual matters of life.....forgiveness, loving your brother, etc; Not force feed but just do what they do? I think churches would financially back it and Christian horn players would like to be part of that. What do you think?

Have you seen Pioneer lately?

There are some Hymns that can be very powerful on the field along with some Christian songs. Many Drum & Bugle Corps started out sponsored by Churches.