What it's all about!

I think these fine young folks , DCI and the competing organizations have done a great service and all are to be commended!

That mantra " winning isn't everything , it's the only thing " needs to be shown the door.

Congrats to all for another wonderful year of entertainment and raising the level of the bar to new heights , while exhibiting the aforementioned fine behavior and practicing mutual respect.

frankiE

• Like 1

Great to see so many kids get together to congratulate each other. I know the same thing happened in Open Class when SCVC beat BDB. Both corps got together and hugged and congratulated each other. I know through the TOC and stuff, a lot of these kids get to know each other, so they build friendships that transcend the competitive field.

Top marks to both organizations :thumbup:

Totally agree with the OP!

When I marched BD used to throw hard candies all across the retreat blocks. It was pretty funny actually.

• Like 1

Exactly. There are also great photos of Crown and BD's drum majors smiling together with their respective medals. And the pic of BD and Crown massing together as the other corps leave the field. Perhaps some folks here (myself included, from time to time) could learn a little from these kids.

(Disclaimer: I know that most of them are not "kids", but they are half my age at best, so kids I shall call them)

• Like 1

Totally agree with the OP!

When I marched BD used to throw hard candies all across the retreat blocks. It was pretty funny actually.

They did Lemonheads, and I remember Cavies throwing Green Apple Jolly Ranchers around during Finals retreat. One ended up inside my horn in the block because they were throwing them around. Good thing I found it before it was locked up on the truck for three months.

I think there are some good pictures out there which evidence the camaraderie. Would be great if people could post some here.

Let's see if this works:

1001552_10201259761232778_1261451892_n.jpg

• Like 6

And this:

971224_10201406031528524_1436316944_n.jpg

• Like 4