Post-Tour Depression

Real life is hard...how do I do real life?

For the younger/single people on here, does anyone else just feel that after marching drum corps, the only person you could ever see yourself dating is someone who has marched? It sounds a little dumb that I would feel so selective, but at the same time I feel like I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't understand something that is one of the things that has made the largest impact on my life.

Bump.... am I the only one like this?

This is a semi-serious post, but how did you go about handling this, if you went through it?

Start training for Ironman races. You'll forget about tour real quick.

For the younger/single people on here, does anyone else just feel that after marching drum corps, the only person you could ever see yourself dating is someone who has marched? It sounds a little dumb that I would feel so selective, but at the same time I feel like I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't understand something that is one of the things that has made the largest impact on my life.

It is hard to find prospective mates to 'get it'

I think I've found mine though. :thumbup:

Real life is hard...how do I do real life?

March to the beat of a different drummer.

I get a double whammy this time each year ... DCI season ends, and JCC summer camps end ... all in the same weekend.

I finally clean the apartment these next two weeks. I look forward to other interests: the annual Chicago Fringe Festival starting August 29, New York for some Broadway Sept 5-8, then Jewish High Holidays in Olympic National Park, Monument Valley, and the Texas State Fair.

In October, I catch the weekend Indiana Marching Band contests, then always hit the BOA finals at Lucas Oil in November.

etc etc etc ... off to see the White Sox and Tigers tonight at Sox Park.

I remember the week after tour - both 89 and 90 - walking around the Pine Tree Mall

in my hometown of Marinette Wisconsin, swearing I was seeing all these different guys

I marched with...and then realizing it wasn't them...and then realizing how scary

it was to see a woman who looked like Brian Zielsdorf! No offense Brian. :ph34r:

It feels that way, but you can connect with people that didn't march. As big as drum corps was and is to me, it still isn't my entire life.

• Like 1