Have you ever taken out a judge?

I've never taken one out but I'd think about it. It would probably depend on who's paying the tab and if my wife would agree to it.

cool.gif

Gotten very close to taking one out before. He had placed himself right in the middle of the tuba section, without knowing that a fast pass-through was coming. Luckily he saw me coming right before I mowed him down, because it would have caused a nasty chain reaction since I was the first one to go through. He dove out of the way, and uttered a couple of expletives onto his tape as I shot by in front of him. That was pretty funny to hear.

At the Waukee, IA show in 2011 my section leader slammed into a drum judge when he tried to run through a gate turn drill move that moved very fast. She blew out her knee during the collision and had difficulty finishing the show.

Never marched DCI but definitely some good stories from competitive marching band in high school, but the best is an incident in rehearsal when one of the color guard members took out our director via flag pole to the head because he always told us that the judges and the staff move, not you.

I'm a judge magnet and I think I hit one while moving backwards almost every year. It really hurts...:doh:/>

I've also hit other things, like other members, staff, poles, cow droppings on a field, a gopher hole (holy moly!), and oddly enough a motorcycle. Don't ask...

Almost caught one in a rifle exchange across the 50 - he ran right through the middle of the two lines. The girl that I was exchanging with said my eyes went huge - I probably would have gotten a tick had the judge seen that.

I got hit in the crotch in the final run through of the 2004 show by a guard members flag. She was 5 yards off somehow... The Guard instructor saw it and almost fell off the scaffolding laughing so hard. I didn't play the rest of the run through lol. HURT SOOO BAD.