Why is George Hopkins a punch line?

Now, BRASSO . . . pull a "Hopkins" here. Tell us all the specifics, and under your real name, too!

No, " Fred Windish ", there is a time and a place for everything, and this is neither the time, nor the place.

So, even though you've never met a corps person who didn't know about George, at least now you can say you've heard about them.

This is just one service provided for free by your neighborhood Answer Boo.

I give you credit for not charging anything for the info.

If a Corps Director has stayed with a Corps for over 3 decades, wouldn't one automatically assume that such a person... even if they didn't know the person... must have "an undying passion for their Corps" ? Arn't some things just known, without having to know the good and/ or the bad about such a Corps Director ?

George works more than anyone I have ever met and no question his heart is ultimately in the right place.

The issue here is oversharing... showing a bit too much of how the sausage is made.

He needs a communications strategy and clear plan for execution. Between FB and Twitter he as around 8,000 followers, so clearly some people are interested in what he has to say.

But...

When you do have a considerable amount of people connected to you or paying attention to what you have to say, you should be a bit more focused in your messaging and approach.

His communication is closely tethered to the YEA/Cadets brand. Hopefully this summer has taught him some lessons (two clear social media missteps come to mind) on how his communication online can not only impact the brand he is responsible for, but how it can be reflective the drum corps community as a whole.

Very often the public words of a CEO can potentially impact the value of a company. In the context of communication as a representative of this brand, all communication should be carefully considered. Less is more cannot be overstated.

Anyway, there would be less controversy if there was more wondering what he was thinking, rather than knowing exactly what he had for breakfast.

He's been misfiring on the web for 15+ years. Remember the office staffer that "left for love"?

He's his own worst enemy because while those that know actually understand his true intentions, his mouth/fingers typing almost always make it about him

• Like 2

Really ? he watches Rosie O'donnal and uses HER ideas as a standard for drum corps ?

I hope not. Rosie is a Christmas Gift thats wrapped way too tight, and best left unopened under the Christmas tree if you get my drift.

I give you credit for not charging anything for the info.

If a Corps Director has stayed with a Corps for over 3 decades, wouldn't one automatically assume that such a person... even if they didn't know the person... must have "an undying passion for their Corps" ? Arn't some things just known, without having to know the good and/ or the bad about such a Corps Director ?

I answered a comment from you that wasn't about him having that passion, but that there might be people out there in the vast hinterlands who might not know about that.

I answered a comment from you that wasn't about him having that passion, but that there might be people out there in the vast hinterlands who might not know about that.

I'm sure you could've met some of them in your travels to the hinterlands of China, Michael. That seems plausable to me.

How does one say " George Hopkins " in Chinese, by the way ?.

Are they ready for him over there do you think ?

I've never met a single person ( even his many detractors )that do not know that George Hopkins has this " undying passion towards his Corps ".

I don't know how anyone could NOT know of his undying passion because it seems to be the go-to excuse that is trotted out every time he does something questionable.

Apparently, all the directors who behave professionally just don't have enough passion.

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone could NOT know of his undying passion because it seems to be the go-to excuse that is trotted out every time he does something questionable.

Apparently, all the directors who behave professionally just don't have enough passion.

Anyone that does " not get" that ALL these Corps Directors have an undying passion for their Corps, must be living under a rock somewhere. None of them do it for the money, thats for sure.

I'm sure you could've met some of them in your travels to the hinterlands of China, Michael. That seems plausable to me.

How does one say " George Hopkins " in Chinese, by the way ?.

Are they ready for him over there do you think ?

Do you think every parent of every member in every corps knows names of directors from outside their own corps...or has reason to care?

Heck...I read a study regarding how many people in this country have no idea whom is the current US Vice President.

We shouldn't assume that just because we know about someone, everyone in drum corps does.

• Like 1