Why is George Hopkins a punch line?

I don't know how anyone could NOT know of his undying passion because it seems to be the go-to excuse that is trotted out every time he does something questionable.

Apparently, all the directors who behave professionally just don't have enough passion.

And I don't doubt for a moment that, if you asked him, he'd tell you as much.

Perhaps the next few months will tell a lot of what he thinks of the other corps directors...

:ph34r:/>

Do you think every parent of every member in every corps knows names of directors from outside their own corps...or has reason to care?

Heck...I read a study regarding how many people in this country have no idea whom is the current US Vice President.

We shouldn't assume that just because we know about someone, everyone in drum corps does.

If we're all 6 degrees separated from Kevin Bacon I'd suspect that we're all a lot closer connected to drum corps.

I've run in to tons of drum corps people in weird places and under strange circumstances.

But I'm still trying to figure out the logic of the OP's question, if not to just illicit stories of such unusual meetings.

• Like 1

If we're all 6 degrees separated from Kevin Bacon I'd suspect that we're all a lot closer connected to drum corps.

I've run in to tons of drum corps people in weird places and under strange circumstances.

But I'm still trying to figure out the logic of the OP's question, if not to just illicit stories of such unusual meetings.

Hey Garfield, you've been around here long enough to know bettter. There are already two other threads within the year regarding meeting drum corps folks.

• Like 1

Do you think every parent of every member in every corps knows names of directors from outside their own corps...or has reason to care?

We shouldn't assume that just because we know about someone, everyone in drum corps does.

You probably have a point with this. The more people that don't know of George Hopkins,.. good, bad or indifferent,.. the better it is for all parties concerned probably.

George Hopkins. George Hopkins. George Hopkins.

Since, like, 1981. Divorced with a daughter. Ancient.

Actually Grandpa Hopkins is in his mid-fifties, is an insomniac who is a night person (not a breakfast guy at all), but as the energy of a 30 year old. Daughter has already aged out of DCI by several seasons.

• Like 1

I was sitting high up in the stadium...it was fantastic, I don't care what any one says. Just to think of the idea, and get the fire dept to go along.

Perfectly timed, during their very patriotic show (ref: 9/11) at a quiet and contemplative moment, a fire (or ambulance) siren was heard in the background outside the stadium. It couldn't have been better timed to blend in with the moment of the show. You can hear it clearly on the recordings.

The tin-foil hat crowd immediately speculated that George Hopkins had arranged for it to be done.

• Like 1