OT: Hitler Reacts to Crown Championship

For those of you who have seen this, enjoy again. If you haven't seen it, this is priceless:

Hilarious!!

Those of us who have been to the concentration camps in Germany, Poland, and Slovakia where this man murdered so many and those of us who have lost family members in service to our country because of the violance this man caused also do not find this video funny. I do not apologize for my statement but call the poster to a higher standard, one well represented by the units mentioned here.

While I agree with you that we need to know, understand, and never forget the atrocities which can be committed by a single human being; we also have to understand that humor always has been, is, and always will be a tool of healing. So, since you do not want any humor directed at showing how idiotically insane that man was, I take it that you also want Melvin James Kaminsky, who is a Jew by birth, called to a higher standard for making fun of Hitler on Ice in one of the movies he wrote and directed. "Ya welcome; and may the Schwartz be with you."

What is the original source of these videos (ie which documentary or movie)?

The movie is called "Downfall"

While I agree with you that we need to know, understand, and never forget the atrocities which can be committed by a single human being; we also have to understand that humor always has been, is, and always will be a tool of healing. So, since you do not want any humor directed at showing how idiotically insane that man was, I take it that you also want Melvin James Kaminsky, who is a Jew by birth, called to a higher standard for making fun of Hitler on Ice in one of the movies he wrote and directed. "Ya welcome; and may the Schwartz be with you."

This

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

Well, here's the thing though, and just to make my own hypocrisy complete...

If you were with a friend, and you were making a peanut butter sandwich, and the friend said that he found peanut butter sandwiches offensive (maybe his dad died of a peanut allergy, I don't know!), you might strongly disagree with him, but wouldn't you stop eating the sandwich? As long as he was in the room? (Later of course, chow down. tongue.gif)

Well, here's the thing though, and just to make my own hypocrisy complete...

If you were with a friend, and you were making a peanut butter sandwich, and the friend said that he found peanut butter sandwiches offensive (maybe his dad died of a peanut allergy, I don't know!), you might strongly disagree with him, but wouldn't you stop eating the sandwich? As long as he was in the room? (Later of course, chow down. tongue.gif)

For me... if my friend, or someone nearby, was in danger of Anaphylaxis, I certainly would avoid eating the peanut-butter sandwich. That said, as for it potentially being merely offensive, well my friends and I do occasionally offend each other; that happens when people are close. We sometimes say sorry (if it was really, really serious), but more often than not we say something sarcastic to get each other laughing. Why? Because we just chalk things up between friends as us being human, and we value our friendship as being way more important than the unintended offense. But here is the thing; DCP is a forum in which you can choose to just not interact if a thread is personally offensive; and it is also a forum in which the Mods can edit, censor, or let ride any posting according to their decision. That is my two-cents; and if it offends you then :tongue: