I KNEW this was coming.

The Cadets are selling off their 2013 stuff. No biggie...if you have $789.00, you can buy a tower! ($650.00 for one actually used in shows---I would find this more valuable, but...)

They are also selling guard equipment: the Loop, the Hook, the Bolt. Here's the clincher: "Gone are the implements of war such as the sabre and rifle..."

"Implements of war?" Are you kidding me?

Beneath, they offer an ad selling horns: "Play what the Cadets play." Say somebody buys a tuba and uses it to whack somebody. How could the organization LIVE with itself? (We non-PC, NRA-worshiping, Ted Nugent obeyists always say, "Tubas don't kill people; people kill people.")

Oh I'm so glad this is all you are complaining about! When I read the Subject header and the description I thought I was going to read that "PC" (as in Pacific Crest) folded. I can now carry on without a worry.

The Cadets are selling off their 2013 stuff. No biggie...if you have $789.00, you can buy a tower! ($650.00 for one actually used in shows---I would find this more valuable, but...)

They are also selling guard equipment: the Loop, the Hook, the Bolt. Here's the clincher: "Gone are the implements of war such as the sabre and rifle..."

"Implements of war?" Are you kidding me?

Beneath, they offer an ad selling horns: "Play what the Cadets play." Say somebody buys a tuba and uses it to whack somebody. How could the organization LIVE with itself? (We non-PC, NRA-worshiping, Ted Nugent obeyists always say, "Tubas don't kill people; people kill people.")

Let's see what would "urinate off" my neighbors more.....

A tower in my backyard so I could watch what everyone is doing?

A contra bass (can't say the T word :devil: ) being played in my backyard?

PS - My nephew builds/sells/kills things/supports his family with archery equipment.... fill in you own smart ###ed ending.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

You make the mistake however of asking me to comply in my remarks of the very thing you accuse me of. You just stated that the Cadets " don't care " what others think. You and I really don't know this for certain at all however. I have no idea if the Cadets that marched the Cadets in the past ( all the way back to WW2 ) " don't care " about the decision by the current Cadets, and its description commentary of its rifles.

I think you will find Cadet alums all along the spectrum regarding modern drum corps, and the Cadets specifically. Given the reaction at alumni events, there are lots of alums who love that the Cadets are still around...and are so strong. OTOH, there are others who wouldn't give you 2 cents for the modern corps as well. I'm not sure I understand how anyone who marched in the Cadets can have those feelings, but they are there to some degree. It does appear to be a minority of those who speak up, luckily. There is a lot more support for 'our' Cadets the times I have been around a lot of alums. I don't know the consensus on rifles specifically, but just speaking in general.

I think you will find Cadet alums all along the spectrum regarding modern drum corps, and the Cadets specifically. Given the reaction at alumni events, there are lots of alums who love that the Cadets are still around...and are so strong. OTOH, there are others who wouldn't give you 2 cents for the modern corps as well. I'm not sure I understand how anyone who marched in the Cadets can have those feelings, but they are there to some degree. It does appear to be a minority of those who speak up, luckily. There is a lot more support for 'our' Cadets the times I have been around a lot of alums. I don't know the consensus on rifles specifically, but just speaking in general.

Mike...comments here have nothing to do with the Cadets or IMO even the subject of the rifles...just Hoppy , so matter what the subject we would be at the same place....pretty obvious............not that he hasnt earned some of it.....lol

You are right about the alumni..but either way whats that have to do with anything..dont even know why other posters even brought that up...oh well like I said , Its really a HOP isssue.

Mike...comments here have nothing to do with the Cadets or IMO even the subject of the rifles...just Hoppy , so matter what the subject we would be at the same place....pretty obvious............not that he hasnt earned some of it.....lol

You are right about the alumni..but either way whats that have to do with anything..dont even know why other posters even brought that up...oh well like I said , Its really a HOP isssue.

This is true...probably a bit 'OT' in this latest Hoppy discussion. He is a lightening rod, for sure. smile.gif/>

Come from reading too fast here at band camp..just found that the dining hall has wi fi! tongue.gif

Edited by MikeD