What did you not catch upon first viewing?

Actually the part that was a mess all season was clean in this clip (from the post-finals encore).

I agree that semis was super sparkling clean -- prelims and finals were not sloppy by any means -- but they were not as pristine.

BTW anyone who thinks this drill is easy to march or clean should go try it on the field. It's WAY harder than you might think at first (because of what flattening from 3d to 2d does to the velocity over time of each point in each line segment.

BD had plenty of slop (but hey -- at least they marched real some real drill this year ) ph34r.gif

Cadets had a few issues as well but their demand (favorite word of the borg-kind) was actually down quite a bit this season. (And who cares -- Bocook's arrangements were to die for). cool.gif

No one is suggesting it is easy. Personally felt Crown was clean but had less visual demand than Cadets or especially BD. JMO

There's a very similar move at the end of the opener in Cadets 1991 program. Also messy until finals week when it got a little less messy.

Edited by George Dixon

What? You mean it's not the San Antonio Colts? Jeesh, I have to watch more sports.

:doh:/>/>

Um, frankly, I'm so impressed by the move I completely didn't see the Colts logo.

Oh wise one, which night of the week is this?

And, um, "mess" is not how I'd describe it, especially when there were so many props used that were a...umm...mess. (You know, poles and towers and stuff. :lle:/>/>)

It's from the Fan Network, Semis. The two marchers that have to pass through around the rotating-up back baseline of the pyramid were never clean any time I saw them, I assume because they have impossible routes. Everything else about it looks good to me.

BTW anyone who thinks this drill is easy to march or clean should go try it on the field. It's WAY harder than you might think at first (because of what flattening from 3d to 2d does to the velocity over time of each point in each line segment.

So, you'd say there's quite a bit of demand in this chart? tongue.gif/>

I agree. Watch just one person over and over in Sky's clip above and you can see the very shallow arc that many had to follow.

I've wanted for many years for drum corps to go vertical in it's imagination, but I never dreamed it would be as cool to watch as that pyramid (prism, prismatoid, etc, OK Boo?)

Edited by garfield

It's from the Fan Network, Semis. The two marchers that have to pass through around the rotating-up back baseline of the pyramid were never clean any time I saw them, I assume because they have impossible routes. Everything else about it looks good to me.

For about half the season there was a single marcher in the center of a segment who tic'd the crap out of their line -- I think it was the segment that ends up farthest from the 50 side 1. Made me want to yell at them every time I watched it.

It's a mess. IMO. No marching in either BD or Cadets program was this sloppy.

Either prelims or finals - can't tell from the short clip.

Find the clip from Stanford...THAT was so bad (side 1 pass through always seemed to be the bad area) the dirt had dirt.

By finals you could eat off it, by comparison.

I've wanted for many years for drum corps to go vertical in it's imagination, but I never dreamed it would be as cool to watch as that pyramid (prism, prismatoid, etc, OK Boo?)

Why don't we just agree to call it "Fred"?

How's this?

35wvn.gif

Oh, great...Well, I guess I really didn't have to eat, drink or sleep for the next two solid days while I try to absorb all the pathways that went into this creation. :angry:

Seriously...thank you for isolating it. The flow is astounding to watch.