What did you not catch upon first viewing?

no, Poland is Cavalier country!

..as is France apparently....

If you know anyone who has trouble seeing the 3D in the pyramid, tell them that bottom wide triangle is the base and to watch it rotate. That makes the whole thing leap out of the ground for me.

A-ha! Thanks very much for that hint.

• Like 1

And yet, because we mention that it was also pretty dirty except for Semis, some of you feel that you have to bag on other corps to prove your point.

Don't bag on other corps to make yours seem better. It's, honestly, beneath Crown.

I believe the comparisons were prompted by the below accusation, which took a thread about neat things not initially noticed and sent it in a bad direction.

It's a mess. IMO. No marching in either BD or Cadets program was this sloppy.

Given that, your unsubstantiated accusation that they are bagging on corps to make 'theirs' seem better is unfair and seems a little condescending.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

my comment was in response to others

anyway - I didn't notice (originally) in Crowns show that the "light" is broken into wavelengths by the "prism" -- as represented by the single line of guard on the left and the several lines on the right - very cool set. :thumbup:

I didn't notice (originally) in Crowns show that the "light" is broken into wavelengths by the "prism" -- as represented by the single line of guard on the left and the several lines on the right - very cool set. :thumbup:/>

Oh man I'm going to be noticing new things in this show until the 2014 season starts!

Somebody should start a comprehensive list of all the thematic elements, effects, and such in one place so we can catch them all. Impossible, you say?

:smile:

I believe the comparisons were prompted by the below accusation, which took a thread about neat things not initially noticed and sent it in a bad direction.

Given that, your accusation that they are bagging on corps to make 'theirs' seem better is unsubstantiated and condescending.

Please don't be 'that guy' yourself.

The original quote was included in my little rant. I am personally tired of anyone bagging on one corps to argue that theirs is better. Not unsubstantiated nor condescending.

The spinning fronts that BD did look pretty ###### clean to me (except maybe the drumline, but that may be because of the differences in the drums themselves.) Not to mention that they are condensing intervals throughout the moves. Cadets move was awesome too.

Don't be that guy. Don't bag on other corps as a means to prop yours up. Crown's show really doesn't need it this year anyway.

I've re-read all the discussion since I posted those two clips and I honestly don't see what you're talking about. Can you clarify why you are upset?

Edited by skywhopper

Anyway: I didn't notice (originally) in Crown's show that the "light" is broken into wavelengths by the "prism" -- as represented by the single line of guard on the left and the several lines on the right. Very cool set. :thumbup:

Wait, what?

Oh, nice!

If you know anyone who has trouble seeing the 3D in the pyramid, tell them that bottom wide triangle is the base and to watch it rotate. That makes the whole thing leap out of the ground for me.

For me, it's imagining the tip (at the top of the form) being elevated several feet above the ground.

But I have to admit that until seeing that clip, I didn't realize it was a form that was 3D.

And now I need an aspirin.

Edited by Michael Boo