Best Year of Drum Corps ('00-'09)

2000! The best Top 5 in the history of DCI

• Like 3

I really agree with this statement! Maybe not in terms of execution, but programming perhaps. Although 1999 also had an amazing top 5. As did 2001!

...in the 2000s.

I'll not say more ( '89 - '91 were all better years) as to try and not hijack the thread.

I'll say 2000 was a great year for Drum Corps for sure and probably the best top 5 corps in the 2000s.

Edited by jjeffeory

I am listening to 04 SCV right now and I remember there were a lot of really great shows that year! It was also the last year my mom was around and i took her to see the theater show.

• Like 1

I hate these kinds of topics. There is simply no such thing as one all-inclusive single, better than the rest, all-mighty greatest year of drum corps. Each year is special. Each year means different things to all people. To me 2009 and 2010 are kind of forgetful, but to a kid that marched Blue Devils those years have got to be the best ever . . . for them. Remember, different strokes for different folks.

• 4 months later...

Id say that 2005 was the year where every corps had a killer show. It wasn't like 08 where phantom wins and everyone automatically thinks it's the best year ever. I mean honestly, the only shows from 08 I could really get into we're the blue stars and the cavies. 05 was a year that every corps had what seemed to be a championship caliber show. Carmen, the zone, rhapsody, dance derby, my kind of town, and angelus were all shows that I could see winning. And all from the same year

Edited by Madisonscoutsfan

2009, Troopers back in Finals!!!

2008 for charts

Interesting everyone's answers seem to solely consider only finalists and junior corps, so I will edit my response to say the year that had the MOST active performing corps. :)