Prosperie on Finals Night

All the work he did, and I feel bad now for complaining about how sore my knees, butt, or back is after judging 20-30 groups....from the press box. The guy did an amazing job, and I agree from what I have heard of his tapes in the past as well....GREAT stuff!!!

I agree. Prosperie is a good judge.

I've watched these on field judges dodge and weave on the field for years, without getting seriously injured. At some point we might want to consider taking these judges off the field altogether, or perhaps suspending them in movable high cranes over the field like they do with the cameramen in football now, or do something else to allow them not to be running for their lives for 3 quarters of the show performance that they are judging. I don't believe for a second that these judges can properly evalauate the playing for even a third of the show in their caption. Just watch them. Half the time they're not near the section thats being judged. They're seen running, dodging, weaving, backpedaling, etc for their lives for more than half the show performance with each Corps that they are judging. The onfield judges do a phenomenal job in their duties. But with the high velocity of todays drills, and with larger Corps, they're pretty much being asked to do the impossible now, imo.

you see and hear a lot more than you think

• Like 1

This man has no business judging a drum line! Absolutely no talent there what-so-ever!

(Of course, I keed. What a monster set of chops!)

Just now got a chance to watch that video and I feel percussively inadequate now! lol :worthy:

Just now got a chance to watch that video and I feel percussively inadequate now! lol :worthy:/>

If you want to feel percussively adequate again, there's another video floating around from the same event of a performance titled, "Gloria." But it might make you feel inadequate in other ways that will require repeated visits to a therapist.

This man has no business judging a drum line! Absolutely no talent there what-so-ever!

(Of course, I keed. What a monster set of chops!)

WHATTA BEAST. Prosperie is definitely one of the percussion gods out there.

THOSE WERE THE BEST RIMSHOTS EVER.

Edit: I guess no one gets this joke. Start at 11:00 and let it play (also, it's cool when he starts congratulating the guys at 13:11, and one kid says "Thank you" at 13:22.):

Edited by whitedawn
  • Like 1