Jason Buckingham Resigns

Disappointing news from the Crossmen. Jason Buckingham has resigned. Jason and his team did an incredile job turning that brass program around. He'll be missed.

On behalf of the staff, members, and myself thanks.

• Like 3

That's too bad. I've really enjoyed listening to Crossmen brass recently. Lots of great arrangements played really well. Hopefully he can find something or somewhere else to make him happy, and hopefully stay around the activity.

• Like 1

Dear Crown Phan.

Whatever it is you think you know, you're wrong.

The Crossmen were lucky to get such a consistently strong person to put them back on the path to success with their brass program.

Having a strong, informed, knowledgable opinion seems to be misconstrued as "trouble" by too many who seek comfort instead of excellence.

Drum corps is the last place you need sheep leading the next generation of performers, teachers, writers and leaders.

Chuck Naffier

Edited by man of the ages
  • Like 8

Keep those hyenas in line Chuck My son was under Jason's instruction the past 3 years. I would like to put a personal thank you out there to Jason for doing a great job. My son had nothing but praises for Jason. Thank you Jason. Best of luck in your future endeavors. Matt says Hi!

Keep up the fantastic work Chuck

I've said it before and I'll say it now Jason is one of the finest Brass/Musical minds in the business.... Everywhere he teaches his units have success! He's truly been great for the Crossmen and the students he taught I'm sure are grateful and blessed! He's taught me so many things that I carry over in my own teachings each day.

Wes P

I've been lucky enough to be on Jason's brass staff for 7 of the last 9 seasons of DCI; and yes -- if you enjoy high quality drum corps brass playing, march whatever corps this man is teaching. And I guarantee rehearsal will be very engaging. :)

Having a strong, informed, knowledgable opinion seems to be misconstrued as "trouble" by too many who seek comfort instead of excellence.

INDEED CHUCK! Jason is the man. And increasingly the only man I LOVE to teach with. Really feel like I make a difference when I teach with Jason.

There is a VERY short list of people capable of such major transformations in quality of a program in such a short amount of time.

Edited by Rance Costa
  • Like 1