Ohio State University

They're playing Kent State. And the Virginia Tech team that beat 'em last week is on the hook to East Carolina. Ohio State fans should keep quiet while the adults talk :)

Quite frankly, any of this stuff can happen to any team. Check out USC this week versus Boston College after beating Standford. Let's see how Boston College does down the line...

South Carolina Beat Georgia, but Lost Against A&M. Georgia spanked Clemson, let's see how things go with Clemson against South Carolina at the end of the Season....

College football scores aren't cut and dry based on rankings. That's why they play the games.

Ohio State is trying to adjust to losing their Heisman Candidate Quarterback for the season by using a freshman quarterback.

But have fun with the jeering!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

But have fun with the jeering!

I think the ACC has earned the right to say, Na-na-na-na boo-boo. After all we have been saying it after the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (in hoops) for the last five years. Of course in Band there is no comparison--Big Ten bands dominate.

I think the ACC has earned the right to say, Na-na-na-na boo-boo. After all we have been saying it after the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (in hoops) for the last five years. Of course in Band there is no comparison--Big Ten bands dominate.

Well, I've never been one to dismiss the ACC or any of the major conferences, but lets give the ACC their due. To me it looks like maybe this year, the SEC and ACC are the two best football conferences.

Now, which conferences have the best marching bands? That would be closer to what might be good conversation on DCP. Which college band is most drumcorps-like ???

Brass-wise, it's gotta be Ohio State. What about drill-wise? ( Trying to veer closer to being on-topic)

My sense is that high school bands these days tend to be corps-style, while college bands tend to be collegiate-style (I wouldn't call it military style anymore since the mood is more a combination of Go-Team-With-Campy-Humor than Go America).

Are there any well known corps style college bands? (i.e. that play a broad range of subtle moods)

Is there a competitive league of college bands? If so, I would think they would have to be corps style to get any kind of GE score.

Well, I've never been one to dismiss the ACC or any of the major conferences, but lets give the ACC their due. To me it looks like maybe this year, the SEC and ACC are the two best football conferences.

*Cough, Cough, PAC-12, Cough, Cough*

*Cough, Cough, PAC-12, Cough, Cough*

Oregon is great so far, but USC... Stanford.... Colorado.... Cal.... Washington State....

Arizona State could be great too, but UCLA has to step it up a little more.

Eh, USC losing to Boston College and beating Stanford didn't help their image. We'll see.

...and of course since I live in Pac-12 land I hear about it all the time...

Oregon is great so far, but USC... Stanford.... Colorado.... Cal.... Washington State....

Arizona State could be great too, but UCLA has to step it up a little more.

Eh, USC losing to Boston College and beating Stanford didn't help their image. We'll see.

...and of course since I live in Pac-12 land I hear about it all the time...

Of course you're talking about their bands, right? :tounge2:

Didn't VK do a quote from Phantom of the Opera shortly after SCV did it one year?