Welcome back to Florida, DCI

The new Marlins Park Stadium in Miami is a covered stadium where heat, humidity and/ or rain would not be of concern for a summer DCI show there. Travel for Corps would be a logistical concern of course to travel as far south as Miami. But Florida deserves a DCI show, imo... and I hope they secure one soon. No matter where they decide to have one in Florida again.

Edited by BRASSO

The new Marlins Park Stadium in Miami is a covered stadium where heat, humidity and/ or rain would not be of concern for a summer DCI show there. Travel for Corps would be a logistical concern of course to travel as far south as Miami. But Florida deserves a DCI show, imo... and I hope they secure one soon. No matter where they decide to have one in Florida again.

Now you are beginning to sound as bad as a Texan.

No one deserves a DCI show, especially one where it would take at least 8 hours for the busses to run from the Stateline to the stadium.

Besides the daily deluge/gaters/cros/man-size insects, it's the lack of suitable (and shaded) practice fields and school facilities for housing that is the major problem for the corps. Even on tour, who wants to eat dinner at 4 pm so you can snug in bed by 8?

Edited by xandandl

Now you are beginning to sound as bad as a Texan.

No one deserves a DCI show, especially one where it would take at least 8 hours for the busses to run from the Stateline to the stadium.

Besides the daily deluge/gaters/cros/man-size insects, it's the lack of suitable (and shaded) practice fields and school facilities for housing that is the major problem for the corps. Even on tour, who wants to eat dinner at 4 pm so you can snug in bed by 8?

I hear you. Any show in Florida in July has a 50-50 chance of evening lightning alone causing a show cancellation too..That said, its inconceivable that a national organization such as DCI can totally ignore not having a show every once in awhile in the nation's 3rd largest populated state.

Edited by BRASSO

I hear you. Any show in Florida in July has a 50-50 chance of evening lightning alone causing a show cancellation too..That said, its inconceivable that a national organization such as DCI can totally ignore not having a show every once in awhile in the nation's 3rd largest populated state.

Now you are beginning to sound like Garfield (the poster) making all that business sense.

Now you are beginning to sound like Garfield (the poster) making all that business sense.

Ouch.. thats hitting below the belt to say this.

( lol!)

Actually from a business standpoint I have heard several directors say never again . Not just possible rain, but the cost to cut into central fl. for basically 8-12 hours then head on out. I remember one saying I can spend the 5 or 6 grand to get to orlando on something else. A point you made above.

Like most things. Never say never...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

But that's not the business sense of it. Going to Florida makes no business sense, it seems.

And, so far at least, DCI has been unconvinced that FL is a hotbed of drum corps activity when there isn't even a corps in the state. It costs a lot to get to CA, too, but the whole west coast supports the activity with many corps.

Unless there's a nice, comfy dome for the big dance, I think it's a non-starter to even talk about it.

Edited by garfield