Troopers 2014

Do Troopers have the ability to make a push? Undoubtedly. Will it be enough to overtake Crossmen? Unknown.

In a competitive activity where all participants always are on offense, and are evaluated separately, it's not enough for one player to make a surge. The other player must fall back, or fail to surge as much. That's just the arithmetic part of it. Add to that the subjectivity of evaluation and the variability among the judges, and there's essentially nothing any corps can do to improve their position other than take care of their own business.

And that is something Troopers do par excellence.

Crossmen have a very listenable show that they perform with aggression and clarity. The program doesn't have the beginning-to-end cohesion of the Troopers' show, and I can't say that I get much of a gypsy vibe from it beyond the guard's costuming, but it has some compelling impact points, and the overall look is very clean. Musically, there has been only a sliver of light between the two corps all season. Troopers have been playing catch-up with their visual execution and effect all season long.

So, it might happen. It might not. One thing's for sure: You do not want to go to sleep on the Troopers this week.

• Like 1

Will not go to sleep concerning the Troop, but sure would like to see more recent videos of their show than the openning week video.

sure would like to see more recent videos of their show than the opening week video

Fan Network has their show at multiple venues, if you're a subscriber.

sure would like to see more recent videos of their show than the openning week video.

Allentown, Atlanta, San Antonio . . . all of them are available on the Fan Network. As with every other corps, the difference between first week and Allentown is dramatic.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Thank you. I will investigate the Fan Network.

Watched their latest outing last night on Fan network; the Allentown show? Saw good improvement over a show I had watched two nights earlier on Fan Net. However, I am not going to hold my breath; I am old and need the oxygen just to stay awake.

Troopers and Crossmen are pretty evenly matched. My opinion, Troopers have the more enjoyable show, which I say with no disrespect to Crossmen, who have a great show too. Troopers have more confidence, but Crossmen do appear to be cleaner and more precise.

Now here's where I think it could be exciting. If you were in Indy in 2012, you can't forget the absolutely amazing show Crossmen had at semi's. If you were at semi's in 2013, you can't forget the amazing push by Troopers that was oh so close. If there are two shows in Friday that have that passion, it will be amazing. Sadly, I'll be watching it at home instead of at Lucas Oil Stadium.