Troopers 2014

Curt Cowdy? I know Curt Gowdy from American Sportsman and Boston Red Sox announcer was from Wyoming. He also co-hosted DCI with Reliable Rondo.

Yes, he's a zombie Xylophone player still marching with the Troopers, and is way more productive ( and handsome ) than ' Bones is from the Crossmen, imo

• Like 1

Yes, he's a zombie Xylophone player still marching with the Troopers, and is way more productive ( and handsome ) than ' Bones is from the Crossmen, imo

Not much going on at work today? You're all over the place.

Yeah but they're all zoned out on brats, cheese curds and hot sticks. And if you don't know what that stuff is, you need to plan a trip to the land of cheese.

Coming back on the 4th for a couple of weeks visiting friends! Can't wait to eat some Culvers and Glass Nickel Pizza! Looking forward to some beer from New Glarus!

Also, looking forward to seeing the Troopers!

Edited by jjeffeory

Not much going on at work today? You're all over the place.

If I promise to stand still for a bit, will you be able to catch up, Ghost ?

Even though my last track meet was in late 12, I could probably still knock off a 15" 100M. I'll catch up!

Thats why I like you, Ghost.. you keep on, keepin' on. I'll wait for you till they shut the lights out on us both.

Well, different shows, different panels, different nights even, so BRASSO would be right to say that it doesn't mean anything, and yet...

At Bowling Green on June 22, Boston beat Troopers by 3.6 points.

At Bristol tonight, Boston got the same score that Troopers got last night in Waukee.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I had not noticed before that Troopers lie on the ground and form (what I think is) Lincoln's profile with their bodies. This is before the flags that present his face head on.

Tubas in the closer sound noticeably improved on the Michigan City recording vs. Muncie.

I like the "11" the tubas form in the final set. (That I had noticed before.)

Well, different shows, different panels, different nights even, so BRASSO would be right to say that it doesn't mean anything, and yet...

At Bowling Green on June 22, Boston beat Troopers by 3.6 points.

At Bristol tonight, Boston got the same score that Troopers got last night in Waukee.

.... and so if we compare scores from distant shows, in non head to head matchups in the early season, the " meaningful " kernal of " wisdom" derived from such comparison of non head to head matchups is that Boston and the Troopers are tied. This is important to learning what will happen later when the two meet up for the first time in head to head matchups. We can equally apply this to all other rankings of Corps that receive similar scores on the same night from different judging panels, of different sizes, and with different judging captions utilized, in the shows with completely different quality mix of Corps. For these reasons alone, the early season rankings utilzed by a dozen sources, utilizing totally different methodologies, is a wonderful useful exercise that helps us pass the time learning essentially nothing at all in the exercise. And theres no harm in wasting time, imo. It serves the purpose of occupying time and moving things swiftly along to where we later find something useful. And this alone can and should be considered beneficial in the entire exercise, imo