2014 Schedule Released

I suspect the G7 is trying to appease the" peon" corps by including a few of them in their "oh so lucrative" events. Smart PR move on their part, but Madison said thanks,

but no thanks.

I suspect the G7 is trying to appease the" peon" corps by including a few of them in their "oh so lucrative" events. Smart PR move on their part, but Madison said thanks,

but no thanks.

Turning down a $5,000 performance pay day (more than twice their normal pay from DCI) to prove a point?

Given that it would also open their souvenir wagon up to a larger audience than is seen at most regular TEP events (and souvie sales are, for many corps, more profitable than performance fees), I don't see an upside to the decision, if it really was a decision on their part and not just how the scheduling worked out.

• Like 1

Obviously....

trap_medium.jpg

well I didn't want to bring Admiral Ackbar i nto this until I knew more of what Palpatine and his cronies had up their robes. I mean, sometimes even the Empire means well. If Leia had just fessed up about the 4th moon of Yavin, Alderaan may still be around

• Like 1

well I didn't want to bring Admiral Ackbar i nto this until I knew more of what Palpatine and his cronies had up their robes. I mean, sometimes even the Empire means well. If Leia had just fessed up about the 4th moon of Yavin, Alderaan may still be around

Bah -- Tarkin was firing that superlaser regardless of Leia's cooperation.

Bah -- Tarkin was firing that superlaser regardless of Leia's cooperation.

maybe, but he may have picked a different target. He didn't get to be a Grand Moff by being predictable. ( it helps to read the expanded universe stuff)

Turning down a $5,000 performance pay day (more than twice their normal pay from DCI) to prove a point?

Given that it would also open their souvenir wagon up to a larger audience than is seen at most regular TEP events (and souvie sales are, for many corps, more profitable than performance fees), I don't see an upside to the decision, if it really was a decision on their part and not just how the scheduling worked out.

Perhaps its because when a G7 corps is not in a TOC show, they still get paid TOC money at the non-TOC show they perform at instead?

Does this mean the G7 are going to get $5K/show at all their shows soon?

I'm really excited for all the other corps to die out soon.

Or the other corps will agree that the payouts for everyone in the activity are ridiculously small, given the cost of putting corps out on the road, and they'll agree with the G7 that a better model has to exist.

It's been four years, though, and no one has yet come up with any other solutions that would actually do much to change the basic facts of the business. The activity is expensive to produce, at every level, and the amount of money coming back to the corps from their performances is nowhere near enough to keep them going for much longer. #####ing about the G7 proposal as being a money grab doesn't do anything to address the fundamental truth of their position; the corps need to be paid better for their work, or the activity will continue to shrink.

Edited by Slingerland