A solution to collisions with judges

skevinp, on 11 Dec 2013 - 9:47 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm thinking high saber tosses could be an issue.

Yeah, but exciting. "Oh... she nailed it! Literally!" (back to "Oh the humanity!!!!")

"Yeah, about your Judge-O-Blimps. We're a little concerned that our rifle and saber lines might 'target' the things. You see, we're working on a theme this year, and we specifically recruited kids who got expelled from their respective high schools for zero-tolerance violations when they were seen spinning rifles and sabers for their marching bands and winter guards. Yeah, I know, it's totally unfair, but we decided we could work their newly embittered outlook on life into the show. They didn't start out as bad kids, but their experiences changed them, and they may be looking for targets to take it out on. Some of them are already doing higher tosses than we've instructed them to do, so we're a little suspicious that they're planning something."

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning. I've just sent a memo to the Judge-O-Blimp manufacturer to cover the sides and bottom with Kevlar.

Just got around to reading this thread.

I think Mike's idea is right up there with the Popeil Pocket Fisherman among things that have changed the future of mankind.

• Like 1

And we shouldn't wonder why the pusher keeps taking them to where nothing is happening except a triangle "ding" every few seconds. :)

Sorry to report that preliminary tests have been a disaster. One guard member dropped their rifle on the field, the judge shopping cart hit it and the judge spilled over onto the field just as the corps was forming the most beautiful dinosaur drill formation you ever saw. The T-rex was T-wrecked as a result.

During the second test one of the front wheels developed a squeak. We were not aware that WD40 was not allowed on the playing field - something that would have resulted in a 1 pt penalty. At that point a store representative came to the practice field asking why the cart had been taking outside the boundaries of the grocery store parking lot. We had to give it back.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

Have you all forgotten about the Hindenburg? Bimps are a bad idea.

I spoke about "Hindenburging" in the first post. And there are many definitions for "bimp" in Urban Dictionary. Which is the one to which you are referring?

I spoke about "Hindenburging" in the first post. And there are many definitions for "bimp" in Urban Dictionary. Which is the one to which you are referring?

I believe that is Inspector Clouseau's way of pronouncing "bump" as in "Ow... I have BIMPED my head..."

• 1 month later...