DCI to 'help' DCNA; what happened?

Stu

The thread SoundSport vs SDCA reminded me of a DCI website article which appeared in 2010 (link) concerning the desire for the powers at be within DCI to help DCNA. Bob Jacobs in the article is even quoted as saying, “We are very pleased to be assisting Craig and Roger and everyone who is stepping forward to help DCNA get off the ground. A fundamental element of DCI's strategic plan is to engage more young people in the drum corps activity. We hope to lend a helping hand to those who will be starting organizations as a part of DCNA and intend to contribute the best practices of many organizations to lessen the learning curve from the start, and do what we can to provide opportunities for collaborative efforts down the road.” Then behold, in 2013 DCI creates SoundSport to help small drum corps; which by the way I think is fabulous that DCI has the desire to help small corps as a goal!! However, DCI did this without having anything in conjunction with DCNA. While I disagree with the presumption of Blackstar in the other thread that DCI is stepping on the toes of SDCA, considering the 2010 DCI article, DCI does seem to have left DCNA in the dust concerning involving DCNA with something like SoundSport. So hey you DCP posters, any thoughts on this?

The thread SoundSport vs SDCA reminded me of a DCI website article which appeared in 2010 (link) concerning the desire for the powers at be within DCI to help DCNA. Bob Jacobs in the article is even quoted as saying, “We are very pleased to be assisting Craig and Roger and everyone who is stepping forward to help DCNA get off the ground. A fundamental element of DCI's strategic plan is to engage more young people in the drum corps activity. We hope to lend a helping hand to those who will be starting organizations as a part of DCNA and intend to contribute the best practices of many organizations to lessen the learning curve from the start, and do what we can to provide opportunities for collaborative efforts down the road.” Then behold, in 2013 DCI creates SoundSport to help small drum corps; which by the way I think is fabulous that DCI has the desire to help small corps as a goal!! However, DCI did this without having anything in conjunction with DCNA. While I disagree with the presumption of Blackstar in the other thread that DCI is stepping on the toes of SDCA, considering the 2010 DCI article, DCI does seem to have left DCNA in the dust concerning involving DCNA with something like SoundSport. So hey you DCP posters, any thoughts on this?

Question: what has DCNA done in the last year (since DCI has created Soundsport)? I don' t mean that in a snarky or argumentative way: asking sincerely. I googled DCNA and found a DCI article announcing DCNA's inception, forum discussions from 2010 and 2011, but no website for DCNA and nothing recent. Their FB page hasn't been updated since May 2011, and another Drum Corps North America FB group page looks more like several posts from folks recruiting for local corps. I.E. no news regarding the actual organization can be found with a quick search.

Is it possible the organization isn't functioning as an organization, hasn't for a few years, and DCI decided to try to fill the void from what DCNA's objectives were?

yeah I do not recall seeing anything about DCNA in a long time. Is it possible with the BOD war that it got shelved?

the DCI BoD or the DCNA BoD? I only know about the recent DCI BoD drama...